• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Start of my new 50b

howze01

NJRC Member
So it's a good thing I got a spare wet side with my MP10s! I set #2 up today and it wasn't working. When I took the wet side out it was hard to turn the prop by hand. It was kind of .... grainy feeling when I turned it. Is that the normal thing that goes? Guess I better pick up a spare in the GB!

howze01

NJRC Member
2 questions:

I'm thinking I need another AI over the 50. The one I have came with the controller so I'm guessing what I need is this one right?

http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/AI-SL1001.html

Next, the newer wetside that I put on seems to be making some sounds now. I tried adjusting it but it didn't help. I switched them between the 2 and it didn't help. Any ideas? I don't want to have to buy another west side! Never had any problems like this with my Koralias!!!!

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jon

Sometime the wetside has to break in before it quits down. I had this happen with my first MP40.

Bob

howze01

NJRC Member
Mine came with that cord. Maybe the ones with the controller do? IDK

I found the problem with the bad wet side. There was some separation in the back that let water in and I guess it rusted up in there or something. The noise from the new one is making me crazy!! I still have to take it aprat and lok at it.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How long is the cable you have? There is a 12ft cable that connects the controller to the light and there is a short 18 inch cable that links fixture to fixture. If you have an 18" cable you just need another fixture.

howze01

NJRC Member
Jon

Sometime the wetside has to break in before it quits down. I had this happen with my first MP40.

Bob

Ihope that's what's going on! How long does it take? It didn't make any noise until a couple days ago. I think it was running for a week before it made a sound.

How long is the cable you have? There is a 12ft cable that connects the controller to the light and there is a short 18 inch cable that links fixture to fixture. If you have an 18" cable you just need another fixture.

Yup. I have a short cable. At least I won't need that stuff. Just the 2nd light will be painful enough!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Did you clean up the stand and paint the tank yet? :p If not, it's going to be a great weekend to do it! :D

howze01

NJRC Member
Good News Everyone!!

6614611689_67cef361ee_z.jpg

Yup, CJ got the plumbing done and after a little adjustment the leak test was a success!! Not too long now. Gotta get the rock arranged, sand in and accessories hooked up them it's go time!!!!

howze01

NJRC Member
That it is... that it is. I think I got the rock work set and I put the sand in. Going to fill it with RO/DI first and then add salt. I'm also going to try and find a nice little black cabinet to keep next to the tank to hold the ATO bucket and the TLF reactor as well as some of the electric stuff.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
:D
That's exactly what I did, filled with water, let it get up to temp and then added salt. When salt was good I added my cured (live) plates and dumped a bottle of bio-spira in and let it cook for a week or two and then started moving the soft corals and fish, then LPS and SPS last.