• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Start of my new 50b

howze01

NJRC Member
hahaha already in the back of yr mind is an upgrade...
Doesn't everyone always have an upgrade in the back of their mind? I have a feeling it's going to be the 50 for a while though.

Speaking of which, I got my MP10s yesterday! I don't know that I can wait until the upgrade to get them going though......I may have to get them going in the 30 just to see them in action!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Careful! If you put a MP10 in the 30 you might like it so much it may never come out!!! Then you will have to buy another one for the 50. :)

howze01

NJRC Member
I don't think the 30 is staying unfortunately. I my have to pass that along once I get the 50 going. As much as I enjoy spending CJ's $$ for the electric bill, I don't want to have 2 tanks doing it.

howze01

NJRC Member
I will be here! One question though. Did you get templates with the returns? I got one with the overflow but not them.

howze01

NJRC Member
It's getting to be time to start a tank thread soon!!!!! Brian was here for hours today helping me (and by helping me I mean doing most of it himself) get the overflow and returns drilled. It's almost there!!!! Now for those lights.........

Thanks for your help Brian!!!!

Did you decide if you are going to go with one Sol? I think you'd be happier with the single better quality light.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Did you decide if you are going to go with one Sol? I think you'd be happier with the single better quality light.

I think with that narrow brace on the tank, the way the pucks are spaced, you will lose very little light with the 40* optics in the center of the fixture.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I uploaded "phase one" pictures yesterday but my brother-in-law came over and I didn't get a chance to post them. I can't do it at work so I will post them when I get home later.

howze01

NJRC Member
I think with that narrow brace on the tank, the way the pucks are spaced, you will lose very little light with the 40* optics in the center of the fixture.

I am seriously considering the 1 AI over the Chinese fixtures. Especially since I think I have decided that I want the tank to be almost all zoas. I have a couple other things I would like to put in it but probably 80% zoas. So I think 1 AI would be fine.

Soooooo, another question. What is the difference in the $499 with the controller and the $399 without? What is the controller? I want an RKL so is that the same thing?

If the rkl has the ability to interface with the Ai sol then yes same thing. I use my apex to drive my sol blue. I do have a Ai controller just in case as a back up. Just make sure the rkl can do what you want with the Ai. Like independent control of the white, royal blue and blue, or dimming.