• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Start of my new 50b

Do you have the drill bit needed? If not save some $$ I have one you can borrow or have(due to the fact Im not sure how many holes you can drill with one bit) I drilled 2 on it already..and dont forget to invite me to the drill party...Im great with a chisel and hammer lol:p

howze01

NJRC Member
Thanks Tony but I have the bits already. I will let you practice on your tank with the hammer and chisel first. If it holds water you can help with mine. I will give you a call tomorrow and maybe we can meet up for a few while you're up here. I'll tell ya..... I've been after you to come up here for months. Somebody dangles some Palys and Chalices in front of you and you can't get up here fast enough.......:cry:

lol, talk to you tomorrow hopefully!

howze01

NJRC Member
OK, new question time. The new prices on the AI Sols has me thinking. For another $40 or so I could get the Sol instead of 2 of the Chinese fixtures. Would that be better? Would a single Sol give me enough coverage on a 36"x18" tank? Keep in mind the tank has a center brace too.

howze01

NJRC Member
I was also considering Eurobracing for a bit there. That brace is killing me!

What would you think of a DIY Brian? I literally would have NO idea where to start with something like that. Would it just be cheaper/better to buy them?

Sounds like it's shaping up!

You'll be very pleased with any RK unit to monitor pH, run lighting and control temps. Best bang for the buck controller wise. I still run my old school RK1 on my office tank.

Cool goby too hope you get it!

howze01

NJRC Member
Got my returns in the mail today! Along with some yummy Nerds candy. Nerds didn't last too long.......

Sooooo about that drilling party......

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I love nerds! I always get fun dip with my overflows.

Let me know when the party is. ;)

Tip on the return pump, make sure you don't have the pump turned all the way down. LoL I thought the flow was a little weak, didn't seem like the 600+ gph it should be. Turns out it was only at about 200 gph.

howze01

NJRC Member
Let me know when the party is. ;)
Well, I think this may be a 2 person party. CJ is going down to see Jane for her birthday this weekend. Saturday I am going up to Clifton to pick up my Vortechs *squeals with delight* and some zoos. I think somewhere around 3 so hopefully I will be back before 5 or so. Where is the party? I can bring the tank to you or you can come here, either works for me really. Either way I will provide the refreshments (as long as you tell me what you want).

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll come over to you so that you don't have to put the tank in and out of the car. Just give me a call when you want me to head over. What's Oliver up to, how did he make out with the sump?

Mike's lemonade is always cool and refreshing. :D

howze01

NJRC Member
OK. Mikes it is! It sounds like it's going to be earlier than 5. I will give you a ring when I get home Sat. Thanks, I wasn't looking forward to doing this on my own, I hate stuff like this!

I haven't heard from the Big O. I told him to take his time though. I don't plan on having this set up tomorrow or anything. I'm still trying to decide what to do about lights so I have time.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Remember the Flare vs. Nozzle discussion? Here is a good example of the two. The machine at work uses 3/4" loc-line and you can see two flares, left and middle, and a nozzle on the right.

You could still cycle the tank with no lights. ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316175581.475075.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316175581.475075.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 18

howze01

NJRC Member
That's pretty cool! I could start it without lights but there's the small matter of Marine Depot being back ordered on my Sicce for the past 2 weeks. They're starting to get to me......

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not sure why that pic came out so small, I sent it from my phone at work.

Let's try this...
photo2-vi.jpg

That one's a little bigger.

With the nozzle you get a very narrow stream that would cut a fish in half! :eek: J/K... unless you are running a 1500 gph Dart return.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's pretty cool! I could start it without lights but there's the small matter of Marine Depot being back ordered on my Sicce for the past 2 weeks. They're starting to get to me......

It would be funny if I went to AO and got a pump before you. :p

howze01

NJRC Member
Yeah.....not really. i was thiking of just asking them to refund my money and I was going to try out AO. Honestly I would rather give my $$ to an LFS anyway