• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's 350G build (was 150)

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Thanks Nick.

What are you currently using for water movement sunny? How many what kind and where are they placed?

I am using only two Koralia 8 (3250 G/h) powerheads for now. My return pump is very strong (Hammerhead gold) and so far flow is fine.
However I am thinking of getting a Vortech MP60 with the Oct group buy ;)

Thanks Sunny. I am in the planning stages of a 60x36x30 and I orginally decided to go with MH and VHO lighting, I recently made the decision to go with LED. I am trying to figure out how many fixtures I need and I am thinking about doing two rows of three.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Thanks Sunny. I am in the planning stages of a 60x36x30 and I orginally decided to go with MH and VHO lighting, I recently made the decision to go with LED. I am trying to figure out how many fixtures I need and I am thinking about doing two rows of three.

You are welcome Steve. If you want to swing by and take a look, you are welcome to do so. For a 60 X 36 inch deep tank, you will need two rows of 3.

Thanks Nick.

I am using only two Koralia 8 (3250 G/h) powerheads for now. My return pump is very strong (Hammerhead gold) and so far flow is fine.
However I am thinking of getting a Vortech MP60 with the Oct group buy ;)

wasn't olivier selling his? i forget the price...maybe that was the deal breaker.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Time for the monthly update :D

Here are some latest pics with some new acros :-

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

My new maxima. Has been in the tank for 3 weeks now.

DSC_0069.jpg

Setosa growing nicely

DSC_0078.jpg

Jedi mind trick monti

DSC_0070.jpg

Enjoy!!

I got a Setosa from Stan at least two years ago. Mine is a bright orange color though....and it has taken a while to grow....but it's huge and awesome now.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
So after the power head fiasco, the tank is still clearing up. The corals look fine and are acting normal.
I will snap some pics shortly..

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sunny, luckily the corals look just fine.

Send Hydor USA an email and see if they have a fix for your PH. I had two problems with my Evolutions and they were aware of the problems (defects) and send me “fixes” for free. I’m sure you’re not the first with this problem.