• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's 350G build (was 150)

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Changed the light last night. Thanks to Edwin for helping out to install the monster fixture.

Here is a cell phone picture with only 4 bulbs on at the moment.

20150919_110412_zpswubo8voa.jpg

Sunny

I have the same fixture. It's great. I think you will definitely see a slight change with the colors. I did, but def for the better. I use 6 blue+ and 2 coral+ for both my DT and frag tank and I love it. Lots use the purple+ too. I'm not a big fan though. But with 10 bulbs the choices will literally be endless.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
That will be very blue for me. I am already missing the LED florescence and shimmer. Maybe a contest is in the making :) :D

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Sunny, maybe look into adding some reefbrite strips for led supplement. I run one of their tech strips. With 10 bulbs you may need to go to their XHO's which are more powerful. I really like the color and pop I get from the combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Sunny, maybe look into adding some reefbrite strips for led supplement. I run one of their tech strips. With 10 bulbs you may need to go to their XHO's which are more powerful. I really like the color and pop I get from the combo.

Thanks Kev. It is in works ;)

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I tried to guess where the T5s and the LEDs were placed and could not tell. The tank is beautiful to see.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Update

T5 are OK but no where near where I want to be. I do not like the look so far. Been running LED for 5 years so I guess it is OK.
That said, I will be making more changes to the setup. Skimmer, pumps, maybe a calcium reactor - ..

Stay tuned.

Sunny
I think you will eventually come around. If it is anything like I went through, you will get a pretty big shift in colors. Colors you are used to will disappear and new ones will come around. All in all I think mine took almost 6 months to settle in. I picked up a bunch on corals from Pete(zippy) a few months back and they are still going through a color morph. The key is really working with the bulb lineup and switching it around. In some cases I've found that 1 bulb in a different slot can drastically change the color perception as well.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Sunny
I think you will eventually come around. If it is anything like I went through, you will get a pretty big shift in colors. Colors you are used to will disappear and new ones will come around. All in all I think mine took almost 6 months to settle in. I picked up a bunch on corals from Pete(zippy) a few months back and they are still going through a color morph. The key is really working with the bulb lineup and switching it around. In some cases I've found that 1 bulb in a different slot can drastically change the color perception as well.

I hear you, John. I am looking at different combos. I think I have my dusk and dawn combo identified. Also, is it me or the fans on this fixture are LOUD. I mean LLOOUUDD.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
What combo are you currently running sunny?