• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Super Cereal Official Meeting Announcement Thread for the June 28th club meeting (TM)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Let's get the tedious stuff out of the way:

When: June 28th 1-5pm or when I pass out, this could go either way
Where: 1104 Barton Ave, Point Pleasant NJ 08742

Supplies: I have enough beer and alcohol so that is taken care of. We will be doing burgers and dogs and whatnot on the grill weather permitting. If not weather permitting then the best darn pizza which I will hand make from scratch in my pizza oven (I will be ordered delivery).

If you would like to bring something along, shoot for non alcoholic beverages, I know I know, and some desserts and appetizer type stuff. Again jgraz set the bar pretty high with the smoked jalepeno poppers wrapped in bacon, I will be watching. Also bean dips and the like. We are always looking for a good guacamole recipe and perhaps even a nice humus. We had a fig jam out at dinner the other night that was out of this world so if someone could replicate that, we would be thrilled.

Raffle frags: Not sure who yet but I am sure we will get some nice stuff. The officers will hold a seance and see what comes to us.

Kids are allowed but we will not be keeping any this time. That was a slick trick last time and it will not go over this time, we are going to be vigilant.
We do have cats but they will be locked up and they have very low to zero allergic reactions, we test them on hobos.

So our grand story begins as such:
Four score and seven years ago, (minus the four score and a few years give or take) we began this hobby as a quest for truth and to find something were we could throw money into a large glass box. We figured the journey would be long and hard, but so it every journey that was ever worth fighting for. Except the journey from couch to fridge, that is a very easy journey and generally a very rewarding one. I have gone over that journey many times, also long and hard journeys as the beer fridge is out in the garage which requires a trip down a set of steps. This might sound easy, but there are at least four steps. Once out there, generally the cat tries to bolt and then you are trying to find him and he is not easy to catch, so again the journey is long and hard. So anyways, our story begins a few years back when Nikki was raised in the middle east and spent time in the Persian gulf snorkeling. She was observing really nice stuff, while I was observing nothing because you could not see anything in the Atlantic and I don't like to open my eyes under the water. So a seed was planted and then nurtured with salt water, but not really as that would kill the seed and salt the earth, so metaphorically there was hypothetical salt water, you can see where this was going.

Upon her triumphant return to the US, it was not really triumphant but there might have been a book written about (not really), but it was a long flight which is really just a triumph of human engineering and thought. Anywho, Nikki decided to setup a salt water aquarium and the hobby was born (at least to her). Fast forward several more score (again not really), Nikki met Mike in College where they soon fell romantically in love with beer. It took several years before they fell for each other and I can promise you that beer was involved with that decision as well (I mean seriously I scored a winner). When Nikki went to law school, she setup a fresh water tank which is obviously very boring and why would anyone have any of those, but through a miracle (bad gravel) the tank crashed. She switched to saltwater, and Mike was of course hooked.

Fast forward we get married, but many more tanks, lose some fish, gain some fish, make some corals, and lose some corals. We now have a 200g display with a 200g sump system which we desperately want to show you all. So please show up and have a good time with us, we are pretty fun.

RSVP:
http://www.njreefers.org/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=41&day=2014-6-28

Last edited:
I would love to come to some of these meetings but they're always on a Saturday which unfortunately for me is my money making day :/ it hurts to take off on a Saturday.. Literally Lol

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Fantastic post!! I knew I should have come over tonight, must be a lot of wine flowing!!!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike, Can you make an RSVP page? Or os someone on the BOD or board in charge? It is real easy to do. I could walk you through it if no one ever taught you.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Yes the juices seem to be flowing quite well. We are on to some champagne for a little late night fun.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
I'll be there. Probably toward the end as we are going to dc on Thursday and staying till Saturday morning and then driving back. Gotta take the kids to the air n space before the summer crazies get there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly me and my poppers will not be able to make this meeting. Sorry everyone.

I would be more then happy to pass on the recipe to anyone with a smoker that wants to give them a shot.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Thank you George for seting up the page.

Bummer to hear about the poppers, but we will get them next time.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I put a very crude RSVP in the first post

We are going to be cleaning out the closet so we have a bunch of equipment for sale:

5x Maxspect Mazarra P Units (with upgraded red, green, and fiji pink leds, at 20 bucks a pop that is 60 bucks a fixture upgrade) 225 a fixture
3x balasts for the units: Each one controls two units so if you buy two I will throw one in for free, these sell for about 75
1 controller: Again I will throw this in if someone makes my life easy and buys a bunch of these
Hanging kit: Setup for the 5 units, again will easily give this away.

These are really good leds and come with all the lenses in the box and can be upgraded. We really missed our T5s so we went back to them, this is not a knock against the fixtures at all, and we enjoyed them while we ran them, but again T5s.

If you buy in bulk I will make it worth your while.

Mp60: We have an extra kicking around. 400$

Bucket of Aquavitro salt, never opened, never touched. 65$ (I tried to sell this in the past but to no avail so if the price is different let me know I will honor the lower price).

I put a very crude RSVP in the first post

We are going to be cleaning out the closet so we have a bunch of equipment for sale:

5x Maxspect Mazarra P Units (with upgraded red, green, and fiji pink leds, at 20 bucks a pop that is 60 bucks a fixture upgrade) 225 a fixture
3x balasts for the units: Each one controls two units so if you buy two I will throw one in for free, these sell for about 75
1 controller: Again I will throw this in if someone makes my life easy and buys a bunch of these
Hanging kit: Setup for the 5 units, again will easily give this away.

These are really good leds and come with all the lenses in the box and can be upgraded. We really missed our T5s so we went back to them, this is not a knock against the fixtures at all, and we enjoyed them while we ran them, but again T5s.

If you buy in bulk I will make it worth your while.

Mp60: We have an extra kicking around. 400$

Bucket of Aquavitro salt, never opened, never touched. 65$ (I tried to sell this in the past but to no avail so if the price is different let me know I will honor the lower price).
Where's the corals :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Nothing fragged yet, I want to wait a week or two. Your pointsettas will be ready by then.