• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank frustrations still

cmsurfr22 said:
how is your skimmer not going nuts?

My ASM G3 gives me a 1/2 cup every 2-3 days.

SurfnTurf said:
Any chance you aded the ca reactor right before the problem started (I guess with the 65 upgrade)?

Regardless, best of luck and keep trying - I hope you solve the riddle soon.
I wish it was that simple. I added the Ca reactor long after the 65. Thanks!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I was wondering if you ever solved the mystery. I am actually having the same problem and I also use oceanic salt. Was looking into a diatom filter, but wondering now, If it didn't help you would it help me...LOL

Taz

I had this issue with an old tank and it turned out to be a spawning of pods. Take a glass of water out of the tank and hold up in the light to see if you can see them move.

Taz, That oceanic salt in my opinion is garbage. Not meaning to offend anyone at all and sorry if I do. Years ago my tank was doing well, I used some oceanic salt because my lfs was out of my normal tropic and things went downhill. Stuff like corals didn't open as nicely as they were and some blooms of algea. Didn't realize it was the salt at the time. luckily it was only enough to do a few water changes. Then I picked up my normal tropic and after a few water changes the tank turned right around. Then i realized it was the salt. Don't know how their salt is now but i'll never try it again. Tropic works for me and the only thing I used since is that or their pro reef.

Anyway......Guy from NJ did you ever clear that tank up?