• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

There's a new store coming RIGHT NEAR YOU!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So where would that be? I've been approached by an entrepreneur who is looking to open a high end reef store in Ocean County and is trying to pin down the ideal spot. The location would be all that much better if it was within close proximity to the parkway (< 5mi) and between mile marker 72 and 90.

Please give your thoughts and opinions!

Thanks!

I think it should be somewhere in the vicinity of, um, Plainsboro/Princeton ;D But on a serious note, isn't Trop right near there? I would think it would be better to make a store in an area that doesnt already have a store to compete against. Part of the reason why some stores are succesful is because they have the market monopolized (location wise) Just my thoughts

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Trop is much further north and east of that. Mile marker 105 and another 5m east. A good 40m from the proposed vicinity. Good point though!

Between 72 and 90 I'd say Lacey Rd. right off exit 74. Lots of strip malls there and there's north and south bound entrances and exits for the GSP. Too much traffic on rte 9 in the Bayville area.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I like your thinking Greg. Lacey Rd would be a great idea. Not to mention nice and close.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Lacey road also splits the difference nicely between Trop and the AC area, I'd think. Though a bit far for me.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's on the way to your relatives house though isn't it? Bet they'd like to see you guys more often. ;)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
82 puts it close to Animal Kingdom (is that still the name of that store?) and AquaOceans... Not sure it is a show stopper, but a thought none the less!

He should take over the spot at Animals and Things in Woodbridge, NJ; the place has potential, but the management is pitiful. :(

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
DiazE said:
He should take over the spot at Animals and Things in Woodbridge, NJ; the place has potential, but the management is pitiful. :(

He?! Who said it was a HE?! LOL! Too far north as well.

Phyl said:
DiazE said:

He?! Who said it was a HE?! LOL! Too far north as well.

I knew it was you Phyl. Are you gonna give us a discount?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
LOL. Not me and the store will very likely support NJRC both through sponsorship as well as member discounts. I'm not crazy enough to open a retail fish store!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My guess is that after Tuesday things will begin to recover. Regardless of the outcome. I think the majority of the reaction right now is fear mongering.

What about in Howell? I'm not biased or anything, but seriously, we only have a single pet shop here, and they don't even sell saltwater fish. Their supplies are VERY limited, too.

Tons of stripmalls here as well. ;D

Best of all, Howell is easily accessible from either the Parkway or Turnpike VIA I-195. I didn't want to mention Rt.9, but that runs right through here, too.

JerseyWendy said:
What about in Howell? I'm not biased or anything, but seriously, we only have a single pet shop here, and they don't even sell saltwater fish. Their supplies are VERY limited, too.

Tons of stripmalls here as well. ;D

Best of all, Howell is easily accessible from either the Parkway or Turnpike VIA I-195. I didn't want to mention Rt.9, but that runs right through here, too.

Isn't there one on Knights Bridge Road