• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Twisteds 180 starting over

Mine get scallop mysis and usually a piece of striper,flounder or whatever I'm cooking seafood wise. They also seem to like the mv2 pellets from elos. Hopefully I can keep the bubbles in at least one of the two... Lol

Twisteds 180 Reef

I know quite q few that always have bubble tip but there's gotta be more than chemistry. I have one that is and one that only bubbles after silversides. The one I had before never did.

On a different subject. I finished my rock scape finally!
Still a little cloudy but
aeffd598-6b52-c250.jpg

Twisteds 180 Reef

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ok, so how do you get your anem bubbled?
For the life of me, I cannot get mine to stay bubbled!
I have had mine under ALL conditions from good water to bad, high to low flow, bright light to no light, fed to not fed and everything in between Once in a while one or two will bubble for a day. I see no pattern at all yet.

Lenny sorry to hear about your last tank I know what you went through because I mine is still under the weather from the hurricane. It hurts to look at it daily. I'm glad to see you on track again and things are looking good. Can't wait to see it in person

Thanks. It was a rough one but I'm too hooked to give up... I hope the best for yours. It is tough when ya gotta see it every day as corals die and......
You're welcome to stop down any time. I'm off all winter and just hang out with Madison. Any of you are also.
aeffd598-84cc-e07a.jpg

aeffd598-84fb-b894.jpg

aeffd598-8519-db49.jpg

aeffd598-853d-9614.jpg

Here's the cube
aeffd598-8564-e770.jpg

aeffd598-8579-2c2a.jpg

And my helper....lol
aeffd598-8598-eddc.jpg

Twisteds 180 Reef

Things are going pretty well so far with my new set up. I have a 20 gal sump I plan to use as a pre filter and reactor chamber and then bulkhead that to the existing sump. I also drilled some 3" that will replace the flex off the overflows. Other than those things it's all working pretty good. The fuge is teaming with pods and once in the morning and once evening a burst of them blast into the 180. The fish already know when they are coming and hang out waiting for a snack. The new gobie and blenny are doing great and I actually think the roon is happy to have some company after a year of banishment to the old fuge... Lol
The goatfish was a stupid fish and swam right into one of my nems....stupid goat.....
aefc4cd1-d3d6-c81f.jpg

aefc4cd1-d410-02fd.jpg

aefc4cd1-d449-20cf.jpg

aefc4cd1-d4ac-6e58.jpg

aefc4cd1-d4f0-2582.jpg

Twisteds 180 Reef

I wanted to have the overflows and cube drain into a 3" line but came out about an inch short on room so I picked up some flex and replaced the pool hoses I had on it. In the new sump I'll have a DIY carbon and gfo reactor and a power head with a cartridge to get anything that passes the pads. Beth doesn't know it yet but the new sump was added to make it possible to add a seahorse tank in our bedroom on the other side of the wall. Already drilled the holes for a chiller to go under the house and for plumbing in the bedroom. It'll be nice with everything tied in together. Can't wAit to start that project!

Twisteds 180 Reef

Alls good with the new set up so far. I lost some room underneath but being able to run carbon and gfo is a much needed improvement. I picked up a copperband butterfly yesterday and it's eating mysis and brine like a pig so maybe this one will do well.
The tailspot blenny is quickly becoming one of my favs. Such cool personalities. He comes right up to the glass and just watches us. The room even hangs out and gives the blenny and sleeper goby space to eat at feeding time.
458d5636-9b55-8f7b.jpg

458d5636-9e65-5c6a.jpg

458d5636-9e89-c771.jpg

Twisteds 180 Reef

The new tank mates are doing really well with no signs of aggression towards them. Tank tested good today and other than some brownish bacteria forming from what I guess would be from vinegar dosing, all good. I'm only adding 5 mil to 250 gal and getting the brown so I guess I'll hold off a few days and see if it keeps growing in the places I do t want
Sal .026
Cal 490
Alk 10
Ph 8.2
Mag 1500
Nitrate under 5
Phos undetectable
Temp 77.0
458d5636-2b89-4d22.jpg

458d5636-32e6-2b63.jpg

Twisteds 180 Reef

Last edited:
Ended up taking my coris wrasse out yesterday and giving it to a friend. Now I'm down to one last fish to catch and that's the flame angel. I hope to get him before it kills one of my brains. No more chances on questionable reefsafe. No matter what Beth says....lol

Twisteds 180 Reef

The cube is quickly turning from deco fuge to a coral refugee camp due to a flame angel that I wish would go carpet surfing
458d5636-2060-6f03.jpg

458d5636-2073-b6bd.jpg

458d5636-2093-3b49.jpg

Twisteds 180 Reef

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
This is why it is good to have multiple tanks, we have gone through the same with questionable reef safe fish. Our 57g has nothing questionable in it and we don't risk it.

Yep, just like most of us we all learn the hard way... Lmao
I set up a cube in our bedroom for a folwr to make Beth happy. Now she can have a few fish she wants and I don't have to worry about mine. I'm having a heck of a time getting the flame out and I really don't want to tear my tank apart. It's been through hell this year and is doing great. I hate looking at the tank and seeing the flame pick my acans and sps.
Anyone have any tricks for angels?

Twisteds 180 Reef

I added a second skimmer the other day to help with the additional water volume and I'm real happy with it. I've seen alot of negatives on this skimmer but it was given to me in excellent shape and I needed to either upsize or add one. After reading on the skimmer I decided to (like I had a choice)lol due to height, have it remote. I also, instead of depending on the venturi, hooked up an air pump that is for medical use and hooked it in to the air inlet. The result? Really dry crud. The return drains back to the first sump before the pump so it mixes again and some gets anther skim. Water drains to the second sump and gets skimmed by my c skim 1800. From there it goes to my chaeto box, cube up top (drains back to first sump) and The dt
458d5636-ed66-815d.jpg

458d5636-ee2b-ce54.jpg

Twisteds 180 Reef