• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Unloading ALL my coral - Blackwood 08012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree it wasn't spotters place to point out on DAN'S sale thread that there is a problem....
Dan stated that in the beginning of the sale thread

If it was a new guy that did this everyone would be all over him or her

I have looked over the comments and honestly while I am sorry Dan is going through this with ich, I think Spotters comments were not rude and much more of public service announcement. I opened thread and saw Dan was selling everything and realized they were from a infected tank. Hope you all do your due dillegence and QT these. I am not sure Bayer will work FYI. Good luck.

Your dead wrong on that. And for you to make yet another comment about what people should and shouldn't do on this thread is wrong as well. We are all big boys and girls here. Dan made it clear in the first post. That is it. Done and done.

Again Dan sorry for your problems but there could be someone who doesn't realize the issue or know enough to deal with it.

jgraz..putting items in QT is good practice if you wish to ignore it that is your choice.

Again Dan sorry for your problems but there could be someone who doesn't realize the issue or know enough to deal with it.

Again, I realize that but alls im saying is, it would have been better if he brought to MY attention first rather than just post away like it was his own thread, that's all.

bamyjy4a.jpg
for those of you who r still interested in buying anything, here's a pic of the Tyree sunset monti and panda sneeze(bought them under this name, don't think that's what they're called tho)

I disagree it wasn't spotters place to point out on DAN'S sale thread that there is a problem....
Dan stated that in the beginning of the sale thread

If it was a new guy that did this everyone would be all over him or her

Again....where did i say that there was a problem that wasnt already pointed out? My statement asked for clarification where the corals were kept prior to moving and then contained a suggestion to those that buy the corals.

Again....where did i say that there was a problem that wasnt already pointed out? My statement asked for clarification where the corals were kept prior to moving and then contained a suggestion to those that buy the corals.

What do you care where the corals were kept. You don't even live in the state and had no intention on buying. You are barely post on this site as it is and then you come in and make a comment like that clearly shows intent to derail someone else's thread.

Sorry Dan. This is actually driving me crazy. I actually am in PM's with a mod who clearly she's it wrong as well.

why would I want to derail his thread? I have never done that before so why would I do it now. There was no malice intended here and it doesnt seem to have hurt him one bit based on what he has sold so far. I didnt realize that I had to live in the state or my level of activity was a prerequisite for whether or not I can post something. As I have said, my post was not to scare people away from buying from Dan. It was to suggest that people take proper steps to qt their corals before putting them in their main systems. Thats all.

Space monsters pending.

Mod can we please just get on with this nonsense. Take all of these non sale related comments and get them out of my thread please.

Yeah clearly. Which is hard to believe considering I post more often, I live in state and I'm a paying member. But it is what it is

Dan I might not happen your not part of the "click"

I PMd you but since you guys are harping on it ... I have never as far as I know met spotter there is no "click" on my side.
My opinion yes and I happen to agree with him but that is as far as it goes.

Okay then that's it. Please remove all comments that are non related to the sale and its done. Can you at least do that for me, administrator? Thanks

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm no longer on the BOD, but I am still a mod here and I see that there is a lot of tension and arguments going on in this thread. That said, here's how I see it:

Spotter (Steve) did not appear to be rude or have any malicious intent with his original post. Here is the OP he made -

were these corals in the tank that has ich? if so I hope people that buy them are qt'ing the coral as well.

All he did was ask for clarification if the corals came from the tank with ich (some could have been from a frag tank or something that may not have been contaminated) and then the made a suggestion that people who do buy them QT the corals. Honestly, making a suggestion to QT corals in a sales thread (whether ich is involved or not) is a good idea in general and I don't have a problem with it one bit. I'm not sure why Dan took the post so personally. In fact, if this was my thread and Spotter said that, I'd thank him for his comment.

He did not try to derail the thread, suggest not to buy anything, or say anything bad about Dan or his sales. In fact, in follow up replies, he said no harm was intended and wished Dan luck with the sale and a full recovery with his fish. IMO, everything he has contributed to this thread was to be helpful and was in the best interest of warning the inexperienced hobbyist from making a mistake.

Dan, you clearly did make sure from the start that everyone knows this sale involves livestock from a tank that has ich. You did not try to hide this fact and that is very commendable and the right thing to do.

Even still, you did not specifically suggest that any corals bought should be put in QT. I think you may have implied it with the way you stated the issue with ich... but there are some newbies that may not have gotten the implication and connected the dots on their own.

Could Steve have sent you a PM and suggest that you make the recommendation yourself? Probably, but I don't know how that would make any difference other than make Dan feel better. Steve probably just didn't even think of that option and just made the point here himself to protect people from making a mistake. His point was straight forward and did not say anything to hurt the sales thread at all. I agree with James that the comment was more of public service announcement than anything else.

As I was about to submit this, I see that a few more posts have been added and some suggestions that Spotter is "in the click". I don't think I've ever met him either and other than general conversation on these forums have no relationship with him either. I happen to agree with what he was doing too though.

Having said all that, I can "clean up" the thread by removing all of the back and forth stuff, but I'm going to leave the OP he made

26 post later and the seller [sobo's reef] still has to see all the crap on his sale thread he has asked over and over to have it removed and nothing its his sale thread what is the problem here just remove it everyone that clicks on here has to read though a bunch of crap from someone that shouldnt have been on here in the first place making comments

your a better man then me sobo

So let's get this right here your going to clean it up but leave the part that started this in the first place
Steve had absolutely no business on dans sale thread or no business making post on his thread....unbelievable

I'm done sorry dan glws buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.