• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Tom and I initially started a marine maintenance and setup business out of my residence here in Bergen County, New Jersey a couple years ago. I have 17 years of experience in marine aquatics and I initially kept the business privatized as I did not want to grow too big, too fast at first because I also work in law enforcement as my full time job. Well one thing has led to another and it did grow and I am having a lot of fun doing it that I would like to contribute to the hobby and start supplying high end coral such as ORA, ReefGen, etc. fish and equipment to the community.

I have a legally registered business with the State of NJ and centrally located in Bergen County, NJ. I will be dealing in livestock specifically corals, some fish and when requested an assortment of brand new equipment.

I will be dealing with frags, colonies in different sizes and some semi-rare pieces that are offered from time to time from Australia, Bali, Indonesia and Jakarta. Acropora, Aussie Acans, Chalices, and Montipora with reasonable prices for the growing reefer population to keep them happy and coming back to build their reefs with the hard to find stuff at a decent price and try to give the buyer a chance to enjoy something that they don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at ExoticReefsofNJ@gmail.com with whatever it might be that you’re looking for whether it be live coral or equipment.

Check out our website http://www.ExoticReefsofNJ.com for sales on live marine corals, coral frags and colonies in different colors and sizes with semi-rare coral pieces from Australia, Bali, Indonesia, Figi and Jakarta. Australian Acans, Acropora, Montipora, Chalice, Pocillopora, Stylophora, Micronesian Hard Corals, SPS, LPS, Soft corals, Ivertebrates, Zoas, and Palys. We welcome you to browse through our store and shop with confidence, create an account with us if you like to be added to our mailing list for sales, specials and new arrivals, or shop as a guest. Either way, your shopping cart will be active until you leave the store. Keep in mind, we at Exotic Reefs of NJ strive to provide our customers with the best quality marine livestock on the market and if there is anything special that you are looking for just let us know. Don't forget to check out our daily updates at: http://www.ExoticReefsofNJ.com

Everyone...my name is Dominick and I reside here in Bergen County. Grew up having fish as a hobby (I guess being a Pisces is also a bonus!!). I did almost every type from regular, to brackish water, cichlids, discus, etc....and then moved into salt when I was 18..... And that was over 20 years ago.

I ran a 20g tank FOWLR setup back when under gravel filtration was a preferred method with a HOB as a supplement. Made a mistake of not having a hospital tank, treated a disease, and then everything went down hill after that. Fast forward to today where I am married with a 3 year old. Wanting to get her into the hobby after her love for Finding Nemo...I decided to jump back in. ALOT has changed since then....

Been dealing with Absolutely Fish in Clifton ( nice group of people to deal with) for essentials with a new tank setup, with buying other stuff from Bulk Reef and Aqua cave. I had been following and posting on Reef Central during the past month, and learning a lot to try and clean the cob webs off my 20 year hiatus. Hooked up with Brando457 to buy a used pump recently, and he told me about exotic reefs of NJ. That was great news because I am getting ready to cycle my tank, and would much rather give my business to a fellow LEO.

Brando457 was very helpful and a great guy to deal with. I will start to monitor/post here more often as well as Reef Central. With a busy lifestyle/work schedule I am gonna try to get involved more locally with this club, but it's gonna be a bit tough since I am on the executive board/ past president for the Lotus car club at the National level.

Anyway I look forward to being more of a regular here. Wish me luck with my new 65g mixed reef setup.

Dom

Last edited:
hey everyone, my name is kyle. i just upgraded to an office from a cube at work so i decided to upgrade my 3 gallon pico reef to a 27 gallon cube tank so im pretty excited about that. ive had quite a few tanks in the past, a 5 mixed reef, 29 gallon mixed reef, a 20L mixed reef, my 3 gallon pico mixed reef and now my 27 cube mixed reef.

a little bit about me, im a product designer, currently designing medical devices for a small startup within a large corporation. some may know of the large corp...Meridian health. I was born and raise in the area but moved away for about 8 years during college and the years afterwards for work but now im back and excited to be part of a reef club/forum again!

hey everyone, my name is kyle. i just upgraded to an office from a cube at work so i decided to upgrade my 3 gallon pico reef to a 27 gallon cube tank so im pretty excited about that. ive had quite a few tanks in the past, a 5 mixed reef, 29 gallon mixed reef, a 20L mixed reef, my 3 gallon pico mixed reef and now my 27 cube mixed reef.

a little bit about me, im a product designer, currently designing medical devices for a small startup within a large corporation. some may know of the large corp...Meridian health. I was born and raise in the area but moved away for about 8 years during college and the years afterwards for work but now im back and excited to be part of a reef club/forum again!
First off great name ;) second welcome to NJRC. You found a great club, throw some pics of the tank up

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hi!

My name is Bill and I have been keeping a 180 gallon freshwater tank for the last 2 years. My wife thinks it looks like a swamp and wants more color. I will be converting it to a reef sometime in the next few months. Hopefully I can pick up a few tips here.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Hi!

My name is Bill and I have been keeping a 180 gallon freshwater tank for the last 2 years. My wife thinks it looks like a swamp and wants more color. I will be converting it to a reef sometime in the next few months. Hopefully I can pick up a few tips here.

LOL!!! Welcome back my friend!! Your foray into FW and out of SW lasted much longer then expected. Good to see you back!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bill, nicely done! I'd go with a couple water lilies and some colorful frogs for that swamp to satisfy the wife.

My advice, if that doesn't work, dump the wife and go salt! :eek:

Welcome back Bill.

I was enjoying a quiet day on Bradley Beach and the smell of the ocean got to me! Nothing fancy planned, lots of soft corals like my first tank. I will be keeping my wife, at least until after my daughter's upcoming wedding.

Some sand, VHOActinics with the balance T5's.

Corals will be all those you stick boys hate; GSP's, Xenia, Anthellia ........

thanks folks for for the welcome back!