• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

TSP

NJRC Member
Hi guys,
My name is Troy and I live in Morristown NJ, I am fairly new to the saltwater scene. I had a 60g freshwater tank when i lived with my parents, but now that I'v moved out and married I figured I should get a tank of my own. After a lot of research I got myself A 20g nano tank. I got the bundled pack from Bulk Reef Supply and I am very happy with it. After the tanked cycled for 2 months I added 2 clowns and later on a royal gramma and a neon goby, after that a cleaner shrimp and a few corals. At first I was afraid that my wife's cats would get into the it but they actually pay the tank no mind(hooray). I usually go to the fish store Absolutely Fish in Clifton, but I recently found out about Ocean Gallery in Plainsfield and now this place Ocean Image Aquatics from just browsing the web and this forum page.

I recently ordered a bunch of stuff from saltwaterfish.com, 3 chromiis, frogspawn coral, orange ric mushroom, pulse xenia and a short polyp goni. when they arrived the water in the bags of the chromiis was yellow! and even though I acclimated them through the drip method 2 of them did not survive and the 3rd one seems to not look to well either. So feeling a bit down I decided that I will get 3 more chromiis from the LFS, I went to Ocean Gallery to see their selection and liked them cause their fish were a bit on the smaller side. Not too long after that I would say a week after I added the new chromiis my Royal Gramma was acting weird and always hiding...sure enough earlier this week I found him dead...

I am new to the SW community and all the help I can get I will take.
Ylp4uQe
. This is a pic of when my RG was still swiming =(

I will upload more pics in the future :)

Bad Fish

Officer Emeritus
Hi guys,
My name is Troy and I live in Morristown NJ, I am fairly new to the saltwater scene. I had a 60g freshwater tank when i lived with my parents, but now that I'v moved out and married I figured I should get a tank of my own. After a lot of research I got myself A 20g nano tank. I got the bundled pack from Bulk Reef Supply and I am very happy with it. After the tanked cycled for 2 months I added 2 clowns and later on a royal gramma and a neon goby, after that a cleaner shrimp and a few corals. At first I was afraid that my wife's cats would get into the it but they actually pay the tank no mind(hooray). I usually go to the fish store Absolutely Fish in Clifton, but I recently found out about Ocean Gallery in Plainsfield and now this place Ocean Image Aquatics from just browsing the web and this forum page.

I recently ordered a bunch of stuff from saltwaterfish.com, 3 chromiis, frogspawn coral, orange ric mushroom, pulse xenia and a short polyp goni. when they arrived the water in the bags of the chromiis was yellow! and even though I acclimated them through the drip method 2 of them did not survive and the 3rd one seems to not look to well either. So feeling a bit down I decided that I will get 3 more chromiis from the LFS, I went to Ocean Gallery to see their selection and liked them cause their fish were a bit on the smaller side. Not too long after that I would say a week after I added the new chromiis my Royal Gramma was acting weird and always hiding...sure enough earlier this week I found him dead...

I am new to the SW community and all the help I can get I will take.
Ylp4uQe
. This is a pic of when my RG was still swiming =(

I will upload more pics in the future :)
Welcome to the club Troy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welcome Troy! I'd suggest swinging by to Ocean Image Aquatics this Sunday and we can all help you through your struggles in person! It's also nice and close to Morristown!

Hi everyone,
First off my name is Kevin, Ive lived in NJ my entire life. 26 years old and I live with my girlfriend and our dog Riley. Im a police officer in hudson county and before that was a technician at toyota. I got in to fish in high school when i worked at a local pet/fish store. Started out with a 75 gallon freshwater and had that for a few years then had to move and couldnt keep the tank because it was entirely too big for my apartment. I kept saying when I got back into it I would go straight to saltwater which I did and started out with a 29 gallon biocube and found a pretty crazy deal for a 75 gallon set up which is currently what I am spending all of my money on.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Troy! KSM! Hub! Jhop!

I don't check this forum as oft as I should. Welcome aboard folks!
Jump on in and start posting, no pretenses here, no stupid questions, a lot of good advice and trading going on.
Need anything, just ask, from advice to equipment to frags.

Kevin,
Where in Hudson? Born and raised in Kearny, uncle and cousin were officers and lots of old ties to family up there.

“Born and raised in Kearny”

One of my good friends that I coach with grew up in Kearny, his family is still there I believe. His name is Joe O’Conner, maybe you know him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk