• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Let's use this thread to introduce ourselves to each other.

Welcome to NJRC!

I'll start it off:

My name is Brian and I was born and raised in the state of NJ. I have been into fish since I really can remember, I had an older brother who had fish..so I naturally got into it. I had freshwater fish since I was about 5 or 6 (mostly guppies and mollies) and then got into Red Belly Piranaha's for about 10 years.Which then got too big for the 30 gallon I was keeping them in, so I put them in a 150 gallon at the pet store I was working in at the time. When I was about 25 my bosses gave me a 44 gallon pentagon SW set up as a bonus (Woo Hoo!) and its been sucking my bank account dry ever since! I think I spent more money trying to get around spending more money..if that makes any sense.

Currently I have a 120 gallon mixed reef with softies LPS and one SPS. The fish I have in there are a Hippo Tang, Flame Angel, Blue/Green Chromis (x4), six line wrasse and a mandarin.I also have a 90 gallon FOWLR that has A Snowflake Moray,Emporer Angel, baby clown trigger and a Dog Face puffer. The 44 gallon is now a freshwater community tank with live plants and mostly live bearing fish
Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I’m in cherry hill, Camden county nj.....been here my whole life. I’m a single father of two boys. I also have a ball python and boa constrictor, a 3 year old rescued pit bull, 90 gallon African cichlid tank , 32 biocube and 90 reef with softies and lps. Look forward to many conversations with you all

Hi everyone,
My name is James Hopkins and i have been into reefing on and off for the past 15 years. I currently live in Wayne NJ and have a massive tank system in my basement consisting of:
3 - 40g for coral frags
6 -10g for attempting to breed clownfish
29g nano cube
100g stock tank as a sump

I also have 5 29g tanks on a rack under the 10g tanks that don't have water in them yet and a 120g display tank upstairs that i am setting up right now. The 120g tank i won at reef-a-palooza last year.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and making some friends. Reefing alone gets boring if you cant share the ups and downs.

p.s. I'm going to try to make it to OIA for the meeting this sunday.