• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hi All,

I'm just getting back into the hobby as well after 10 years or so. My previous tank was a softy tank 55gal with CSL. My current tank is a 50gal cube with a sump (about a month old) I'm looking forward to posting pictures and joining in the discussions online.

Well my name is Dave and I have been in the aquarium hobby since I was about 7 years old with a good old community fresh water ten gallon and in my teens I had a 30 gallon tank then I got into discus and bred the round flat fish for years and I dabbled in saltwater fish only with live rock tank and I had some life events that get in the way and tanks drained and sold off and but I have a 120 gallon reef I have been working on and I have a Red Sea max 650s established reef at a local fish store I been paying off my plan is to have both up and running and enjoying both of them

Hello all Born and raised in NJ. I’m from Ocean County. I have been in the tank hobby with freshwater for several years and also have a koi pond. I currently have 6 tanks my largest which is reef ready I built the filtration for and it houses yep you guessed it African cichlids. I have bred and sold a few but not much. Since getting into this hobby I have been told I will eventually change over to salt. My response was no way to complicated. I was then told if you can do fresh they way you have done you can do salt. Well fast forward a few years and I had the opportunity to try it so I said why not. I acquired a 32 biocube for free that has been up and running for a few years. All I had to do was break down and take all home. I did that and the tank has been up and running in my basement for about a month and a half. The tank only had one fish and live rock with live sand. Unfortunately the tang died from Velvet. I know he shouldn’t have been in here in the first place. So I decided to go fishless for a few months. In the meantime I am doing corals. I currently have a GSP pulsing Xenia and two types of Favia corals I believe. There is also a sea urchin, a fire shrimp and my snail CUC in the tank. All seem to be doing well right now. I think salt water is awesome. Just to see the creatures that are in this tank that I didn’t put in there is pretty neat. The tank is coming to life right before my eyes. Oh well enough about me sorry for the long rant I’m just excited. I am also a member of REEF2REEF. So far everyone over there has been very helpful and I’m sure the same will go for everyone here. Here’s a few pics

Attachments

• A056474B-0C18-46AC-A450-CF57F2F7DA5F.jpeg
    A056474B-0C18-46AC-A450-CF57F2F7DA5F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 66D5FFED-A496-4AF9-B948-11ADC80E2E77.jpeg
    66D5FFED-A496-4AF9-B948-11ADC80E2E77.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 7FD21A2B-BE21-4A58-9F83-F59DEE9D250A.jpeg
    7FD21A2B-BE21-4A58-9F83-F59DEE9D250A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 03F2ED55-1DBA-4A1E-9830-A722B675E595.jpeg
    03F2ED55-1DBA-4A1E-9830-A722B675E595.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
Wonderful That’s what many have already told me but I like the way softies move in the current. Not to mention it’s one of my first corals so I don’t mind if it grows like a weed (At least right now Lol). I’m sure my outlook will change but this is all new to me so it’s neat right now.