• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

When things go wrong.....please help

No problem.... like I said the perfecto's can safely handle between 700-800gph providing you use 1.25 on the drain and not reduce it to 1" like some people do. I always recommend using a 1.25 hose barb and flex for the drain, but some people like gluing the pvc into the bulkhead which reduces it to 1"

Ours is set up flex for our drains and Pvc for the returns ours is also plumbed in our basement. Our only issue is getting a reliable float valve for auto top off ours is tied right into our RO unit. When we start to see a little bit of micro bubbles in the main tank that is our sign to do our top off. The one we have now does not shut off all the way when the sump is at the right level.

Darn don't mean to hijack the thread ... but you all are paying attention here. From your return pump, my plan is a Mag 12, I have to split it where can I find a Y or are you suggesting turning the T on end? Will that create different rates of return from my two returns. Thanks everyone for all the info.

The only thing with a mag 12 is the heat factor it will heat up your water, we just used a T with no problems. I use my mag 12 for water changes and it pumped water from my basement to the main tank on the 1st floor.

mott768 said:
No problem.... like I said the perfecto's can safely handle between 700-800gph providing you use 1.25 on the drain and not reduce it to 1" like some people do. I always recommend using a 1.25 hose barb and flex for the drain,...

At least we got that part right. :)

---
Wendy

Thanks all. I don't have a huge amount of other heat sources and is in the basement, I will keep it simple with a T then unless the plumbing store has a Y.

Wendy, sorry to hear about your bird bite. We must be crazy. I got my lower lip pierced right through by my Yellow Nape pretty early on. I could have put a stud though it too, but it wasn't the fashion back then! That was how I learned that he doesn't like people wearing hats. After he hit sexual maturity, I had to watch out when he was in "heat." When he gets that way (once a year) he pins his eyes at me and struts back and forth on the perch. If I open the door he will fly out and attack me. I have had more than my share of swollen bit knuckles,
a split fingernail, and yes I have come close to throttling the little b@st@rd.
But we're back to being pals now, for some reason.

I hope your pump issue gets resolved, very frustrating IME.