• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Your "Fantasy Tank"

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Out of pure curiousity... Why is the bottom made up of 16 pieces?

I copied it here so people don't have to search so hard.

The ''funky looking bottom'' ....
In order to GUARANTEE that the braceless/trimless tank will be able to withstand all the water pressure, the bottom is specially constructed and assembled using 16 separate panes of glass which are staggered and sanwiched together with penty of that special black silicone...giving it that look that Al was asking about as if there are lil pads under the tank. This allows the side stresses to be efficiently transfered and diffused by the double thick bottom.

A 4X4X2 "Island Cube". If I had enough floor space, and could talk the wife into it (just no way), I would build a free-standing cube with all the plumbing below, center overflow, and a canopy that went right to the ceiling. To me a tank with a 360 view is just about as good as it gets.

coralnut99 said:
A 4X4X2 "Island Cube". If I had enough floor space, and could talk the wife into it (just no way), I would build a free-standing cube with all the plumbing below, center overflow, and a canopy that went right to the ceiling. To me a tank with a 360 view is just about as good as it gets.

Nice very nice.  I like the frameless tanks myself Elos is my favorite so far.  But the idea is the same, and your idea is pretty sweet.  (Don't think the middle of the living room would work for mw wife either ;D)