• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zippys tank

A failed septic is the greatest news you can hear! Let them drop the 30k for the new one ,now you can live worry free with that aspect of your life. I lucked out with my new home and the previous owner had to replace the whole system 24k :eek: .With a basement that large I think a 180 gallon is going to look like a goldfish bowl GO BIG!

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
There's a 300dd for sale with stand and small canopy it's a really nice oak stand 1600 tank is mint no scratches I saw it in person. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guys I'm moving about 1 mile away.... Septic at new house failed so I've got some cash to go aerobic! In a nutshell my dream septic system as the process is no different from city sewage treatment plants. I've also got a 2200 sq ft poured concrete foundation basement that's as dry as a popcorn fart! So I may go 180. Here is my tank today.View attachment 11675View attachment 11676View attachment 11677View attachment 11678View attachment 11679
I'm always amazed by your tank Pete, good luck with the upgrade.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just shudder thinking that that beautiful tank is going to be torn down. Pete, congrats on the upcoming upgrade and move, and if I'm around, I'm there to help.

And I'm one of those homeowners trying to sell a house where I've already been told, because of code changes, will have to most likely replace the septic. What gets me is that there has never been an issue with the septic and it works just fine. I have to most likely change it because of the sale and because they've change the code. Go figure.

I just shudder thinking that that beautiful tank is going to be torn down. Pete, congrats on the upcoming upgrade and move, and if I'm around, I'm there to help.

And I'm one of those homeowners trying to sell a house where I've already been told, because of code changes, will have to most likely replace the septic. What gets me is that there has never been an issue with the septic and it works just fine. I have to most likely change it because of the sale and because they've change the code. Go figure.

Paul, septics built post 91 May be improved upon as the state set standards across the board. Anything that fails prior is required to be a complete redo. My current home originally had a septic. If you have to redo look at aerobic or peat systems as mounds are much less. If you want more info pm me and I can talk and talk about em. Thanks for the offer to help.

All things have an end. Tore down the tank this past weekend, will be on a hiatus for the next year...or more. Too many new house projects and little time. It was fun and maybe I'll be back some day.image.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Oh man! Very sad to see this but I'm sure you will be back. Don't be a stranger around here you're always really helpful.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ditto above two sentiments....but I'm keeping it positive....I'm waiting in anticapation for the day you return. Pete, you are one of the gems!

OK, that's enough positive stuff.......now, if you don't return in a timely fashion, a group of us are coming to your house to beat some sense into you! :eek:

Best of luck Pete.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Very sad to see this post. Your tank was a thing of beauty and inspiration for my 200. I just hope that one day my tank might look as amazing as yours did.

So, just a note. Wondering if anyone could help me move my tank stand and tank to the basement in the new place? I am thinking early sat like 9 or later like 4. I think if two people help we should be good. Thanks and pm me, pete