• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Adam's new 215gal Oceanic in wall!!

One small leak on the way to the skimmer :mad: , but fixed already. Everything else excellent :) Tonight I'm filling it with water and letting it run for a couple of days

After resealing one part of the skimmer, job is done!!

When I turn pump on, that was scary, the flow is unbelievable :eek:, and looks to me like it is too strong compared to overflows.
Will, you were right :(

But now I have to figure out something, what about sea swirl`s?? I did 2 additional 1" valve`s, so maybe I could use it for 2x1' sea swirl?

Ed, if I am right you told me that you have it, how do you like it so far?

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I don't have sea swirls but alot of other people here do. They are pretty cool.

If your getting to much water in the tank open a valve going into the sump.

OK, when I open valve to the skimmer, flow is much better.

How can I avoid noise from overflow? The air is going down with the water down to sump, make loud noise (gurgling flushing) inside the sump, and one of the overflows (this one with shorter line to sump), on the tank part also makes noise - water going up and down inside overflow (also gurgling flushing). Is this normal?? Or should I install valves on the overflow lines?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Install a durso standpipe in your overflow. Here’s a link for a conventional durso:

http://www.dursostandpipes.com/?page_id=58

Easy to built with a couple fittings from Home Depot.

If you are limited with space, you can modify the top and put in another type of durso (that I can’t find the link to right now)…it’s a straight pipe durso. I’ll look and post if I can find it.

I have a homemade durso and my display is very quiet. Also I have too much flow from my return pump so I have the return line with a "T" so relieve some of the water going back to the main tank

So I drilled 4 small holes 1/16 and it works much better inside overflows. But water is still gurgling inside the sump where water is coming out of pipes (a lot of air) but i guess it has to be like this, right?

I don't want to say all have air but I think it is pretty normal. Filter socks make a huge difference if you don't have them.

i was having the same problem i started to use the filter socks and its not as noticeable i mean you still hear it a little bit but not like before the socks

Filter socks made huge difference. It is still not quiet but much better.
I spoke with Will from AQ and he mentioned the same thing about slits pipes at the water level inside the sump. I will try it when I finish filling up with RO water, probably next 2 weeks ;)
Here is a pic after 2 days

1293_25_01_09_3_04_19.JPG

Edward771 said:
did you get all your rocks yet?

Not yet, but I already spoke with one guy about it, so any time I am ready I will take it.

PrettyBoy said:
Adam, just realized youre in cliffwood beach. Im right in hazlet just off of 35, if you ever need a hand just drop me a PM

Thanks a lot, I'll definitely let you know, but as soon as the tank will be filled with water stop by and take a look. You're welcome any time. I'll have some beers ready in the fridge. :)

small update:
so far with filling up with water :)

1293_27_01_09_6_57_04.JPG

Parts for Light rack just arrived, from left : connectors, alluminum rack parts, roller track for moving light if I need to

1293_27_01_09_6_57_27.JPG

1293_27_01_09_6_58_08.JPG

If I have some time tommorow, shuld finish assembling light rack.