• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Adam's new 215gal Oceanic in wall!!

update:

Light rack is ready!! In the middle 3x250 HQI and on the sides T-5, two on the front and two on the back. One thing I didn't finish, is holder for fans on each side because I am not sure what brand I`ll go with.

1293_28_01_09_8_53_37.JPG

1293_28_01_09_8_53_55.JPG

1293_28_01_09_8_54_25.JPG

Tank is ready for LR, but: bubbles, bubbles, bubbles . Is it to much flow going thru skimmer?? It is MRC-3R, and I have T from return pump, so I am not sure how much flow is there?

1293_01_02_09_1_43_14.JPG

1293_01_02_09_1_43_31.JPG

1293_01_02_09_1_44_17.JPG

looks like the water level in your sump is a little low, Mabye if you try tightening your gate valve a little bit to raise the water level up that might also get the bubbles more time to dissapate =D

paintballe48 said:
looks like the water level in your sump is a little low, Mabye if you try tightening your gate valve a little bit to raise the water level up that might also get the bubbles more time to dissapate =D

In sump or in skimmer??

Ok i got a few ways to deal with this now ;) Where does the water go that comes out of the skimmer, directally into your tank or does it dump back into the sump first?

paintballe48 said:
Ok i got a few ways to deal with this now ;) Where does the water go that comes out of the skimmer, directally into your tank or does it dump back into the sump first?

It does dump back into the sump(refugium), and the return pump is on the other side of the sump

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Looking Good. looks like ready for Rocks. As for bubbles try a filter sock.

Do you have a valve going to your skimmer? If so turn it down. If not I'm put one in.

paintballe48 - when I raised the water level it helped a little, but still is visible. Thanks, any input helps a lot

Edward771 said:
Looking Good. looks like ready for Rocks. As for bubbles try a filter sock.

Do you have a valve going to your skimmer? If so turn it down. If not I'm put one in.

Ed, I do have a valve and I turned it down, and I think now it is a big difference but we will see tomorrow.(the flow won't be too small for the skimmer?)
After I changed the flow through the skimmer, the flow from the return lines is much stronger and more bubbles are coming from the filter socks.
Thanks Ed

Probably on sunday I will go for LR. Do you guys have any good ideas to build steady structures with LR? I know some people use PVC sticks (not sure how it is called?) but I am not sure if this is steady enough.

Are you already using a filter sock on the return from the skimmer? Also does your sump have a bubble trap or anything like that? And are the bubbles being 100% caused from your skimmer or is anything else contributing to them.

paintballe48 said:
Are you already using a filter sock on the return from the skimmer? Also does your sump have a bubble trap or anything like that? And are the bubbles being 100% caused from your skimmer or is anything else contributing to them.
No I don't have on the returns from the skimmer, just from the tank. Most of the bubbles are from the tank, water returns and splash because of high flow. I have bubble trap (3 baffles) but flow is that strong so bubbles flow through baffles. So I think I have to use one on my extra valves going back to sump and open it a little.

Personal preference I think. I used cutting boards...some use egg crate and of course some daredevils don't use anything. I am unlucky generally speaking so I used cutting boards.

JRWOHLER said:
Personal preference I think. I used cutting boards...some use egg crate and of course some daredevils don't use anything. I am unlucky generally speaking so I used cutting boards.
Where did you get it from, Home Depot?

No actually used ones from Bed Bath and Beyond I think....you can order Starboard to fit exactly but it is not exactly cheap.

JRWOHLER said:
No actually used ones from Bed Bath and Beyond I think....you can order Starboard to fit exactly but it is not exactly cheap.
Are you talking about cutting boards for food?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
AdamPL said:
Are you talking about cutting boards for food?

Yes!  It's the white plastic kind that is about 3/8 of an inch thick. Just make sure it doesn't have a microcide in the plastic to kill bacteria.