• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Are there any divers on these boards??

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just need something dive related to do, this has been a long winter so far.

I start my AOW/Intro to wreck course tomorrow night.

NIce!! I did the AOW last year right after my OW class. How long have you been diving??

I'm thinking about taking a Nitrox class.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Got my cert June of 08 along with my oldest son, so not that long. Youngest son and my g/f just got their certs in Nov. All 4 of us are taking this course together.

Nitrox is planned for this year also.

My goals for this year:

1) AOW

2) Break the 100' depth

3) Nitrox

4) Dive as much as possible

I got my cert in May 09 and then did my AOW in June or July. So Nitrox is next on my list...deppest I've been so far is about 110. It's just colder down there LOL.

But I hope to do a whole bunch of diving this summer and try and do some carribean or Mexico diving too.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've done 90' so far so 100' isn't much more. lol

I am definitely planning on more dives this summer, we'll have to hook up for a few.

We will certainly hook up on a few dives....and I haven't forgotten about maybe getting an NJ Reefers meet up at Dutch.

I'm looking forward to going out with Kris and having him show me his tricks on getting lobster!!

And yeah 100' is colder and darker than 90' thats all LOL.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Glad you enjoyed the read.

Yeah, just gotta get out and do it a few times. You definitely feel it when one grabs a hold of you, but so far I haven't been pinched too bad. But then again I've only caught about a dozen or so thus far.

R

reseter5

i could tell you a dozen stories about me and my dad lobster diving at the verazzano rock islands and gettting out bags tugged on by monster stripers.. ive been certified since i was 15... i used to go to dutch springs when it was just opened and the owner stew was barely making it.. what a place that turned out to be...wow

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
reseter5 said:
i could tell you a dozen stories about me and my dad lobster diving at the verazzano rock islands and gettting out bags tugged on by monster stripers..\
I used to dive at that same spot.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yep I did. Picked up a Dive Rite RG 3000 reg for $200, a DIN to Yoke converter for $10 and a couple large bug bags for $10 each. They had a lot of stuff there, just not what I needed. Prices weer cheap too. Hopefully going tomorrow to pick up a set of HP 120's, if the weather holds out.

Nice pick up's!! Din to Yoke converter $10!! I need one LOL. I'm still looking for a pony bottle. Trying to find one used so I can save some money...no luck yet.

Where you getting the 120's from??

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Getting the 120's from my dive shop. He's supposed to check to see if he has any used 30's ponies for sale as I need one more myself. Soon as I hear, I can let you know how many he has. 2 of my ponies I got used from him for $100/each.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I use a 30 pony and it is plenty.

They've had their schedule up since last week. I was taking to Chris, the mate on the Dina Dee, yesterday at the flea market. They are all waiting to get back in the water again. Boat gets it's Coast Guard inspection in March and will be ready to go after that.

My dive shop posted their schedule last week too and I saw SJD has theirs up too.

Here's the one from my dive shop, Atlantic Divers.
http://www.njwreckdivers.com/schedule.html

alright, someone need to teach me how to dive. I can swim and never take any lesson on dive. I did dive when i was young (25 years ago back in Viet Nam without any hardness. Just take a deep breath and going down to like 20feet). Seriously, i love to learn to dive. can someone teach me?
Olivier

Olivier said:
alright, someone need to teach me how to dive. I can swim and never take any lesson on dive. I did dive when i was young (25 years ago back in Viet Nam without any hardness. Just take a deep breath and going down to like 20feet). Seriously, i love to learn to dive. can someone teach me?
Olivier

Where are you from??