• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

August 2013 Meeting

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Our meeting for August will be at the home of downbeach (JIM)

When: Saturday, August 24th from 1:00 to 5:00 PM

Where:
27 Barton Way
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054

Jim has been an NJRC Member for a few years now and he's become very active and is a welcome member to the "family". As some of you may know, he was recently awarded the prestigious "Reefer of the Month" award over on Reef Central! We're proud to have him represent our club over there and happy that he agreed to host another one of our club meetings at his house. He's as gracious a host as he is here on the forums, so stop on by and hang out with your fellow reefers.

A little info from JIM:

I have two hobbies, one is a hole in the water I keep pouring money into, the other is water in a hole I keep pouring money into, one I take fish out(or try to), the other I keep fish in (or try to), both keep me busy and broke. Both started in freshwater and are now both in saltwater.

The water in a hole:

Tank: Oceanic RR 180, two MegaFlow overflows w/1 1/4" Durso stand pipes, 3/4 " Loc-Line retuns,
Sump: 3616 EcoSystem,
NNR: , 6+ inch DSB, 40lbs.MM in Sump, 100 lbs. LR
Pumps: RO DC 10500 return, 2 x Jebao WP40's and 2 x Jebao WP25's circulating.
Skimmer: Bubble Magus Hero 180
Reactors: RO BR 110 Bio-Pellet, BRS GFO, and GAC reactors.
Lighting: : 3 X 48 3W eshine LED's
RO/DI: BRS 4 stage system w/ dual in-line TDS meter, pressure gauge and flush kit
ATO: Tunze Osmolator

The hole in the water:

Grady-White center console, with a hard ‘T’ top, 200HP Yamaha four stroke OB.

***Jim has asked that this be a kid free meeting*** --- RSVP Here
Please post any meeting questions or anything you are bringing to sell/trade in this thread.

I will be offering a fishing trip for two as one of the raffle items. It will be on either Sat/Sun Sept. 7/8th or 21st/22nd, weather/ocean permitting. We will fish the bay or inshore ocean.

GradyWhite209Fisherman.jpg

Still bigger than the ones I saw them catching down in Ocean City MD this past week. Anyone with a 400g tank, could have stocked it up to the return with all the shorts. Where were you at Jim, Raritan Bay?

GE inlet, between Longport and Ocean City NJ. The larger fish will be out on the reef sites now, but it was blowing NE 15 to 20 when we got down there, so we stayed in the bay.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
That's a nice raffle offer. Wish I could make the meeting. Family birthday already. Between the kids and work I haven't done any serious fishing in way to long. 2 years probably. Used to fish 2/3 nights a week from the beach.

That's a nice raffle offer. Wish I could make the meeting. Family birthday already. Between the kids and work I haven't done any serious fishing in way to long. 2 years probably. Used to fish 2/3 nights a week from the beach.

I'm in the same boat as you.

Been a couple years without my boat as well. Loved coming home after work and hopping in the boat and heading to Oyster Creek or Double Creek channels a couple nights a week. You should still have some decent size fish in the bay Jim. If you're suspecting they're out of the bay, try drifting the inlet for the stragglers. Drifting Barnegat inlet late in the season usually produced pretty well for me.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I spent all day yesterday and today cleaning my boat and soldering new bilge pump in. Because of work this year I never put my boat in the water but I have had enough of that s--t it's going in next weekend. I will get the end of the season no matter what. I will be docked in the manasquan river minutes from the inlet.
Those after work trips are waiting.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jim, that was a fantastic raffle item you're offering! Sounds like it's sparking up some good friendly competition.

radiata

NJRC Member
Jim,

Best raffle prize ever! If I win, I'll be providing a lot of personalized chum to attract fish to the boat!

Thanks,
Bob