• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Brandon's WTH was I thinking 125 gallon madness

I had a small and I mean small leak on my return pump and one on a bulk head under the tank leaked into the sum anyway I let the tank run and they stopped. salt and what not might seal a small leak is what i'm saying.

twisted, balanced as in what way? If the power were to go out if the sump overflow? In that case yes I did.

Right now I'm about to fix some things in the sump by extending the drain lines to muffle the noise and I did a ball valve to my skimmer so need to extend that pipe aswell

I'll post more pictures later going to try to wire up the controller and stuff also.

Lord Viper said:
I had a small and I mean small leak on my return pump and one on a bulk head under the tank leaked into the sum anyway I let the tank run and they stopped. salt and what not might seal a small leak is what i'm saying.

For a second I thought you meant the leak would be really really bad. It is just a drip drip type, not really crazy, but thanks for the advice.

So tonight I added my sand and cleaned up the sump and moved the heaters to it.

Tomorrow I'm building a panel to mount my surge protectors and I'm trying to figure out where to mount my vortech controllers and RKL.

I tested my water yesterday everything read 0 amonia, nitrate, nitrite. Ph was 8.2-8.4.

More to do, but getting there

I retested my water and everything came up 0. I picked up a nice six line wrasse from OGII today and am working on catching my 2 clowns to acclimate them and put them in.

I think I'm going to dseign the ultimate fish trap or something because these little bastards are quick!

sixline is in although I haven't seen him much since putting him in. Is this normal or should I be worried?

I caught the two clowns finally after many attempts, they are in and enjoying their new home.

I started acclimating some of my corals (2 acans & a hammer) going to put them in the tank and test out my light cycle tomorrow.

Speaking of light cycle I setup my RKL, after many searches on google I finally got it to function (I THINK!) so hopefully tomorrow the lights will click on.

I have it setup so that Ch1 controls 3 MH x 150 = less than 8 amps it is capable of
- Ch 2 Actinics
- Ch3 Heaters I'm going to pick-up a Y splitter tomorrow and run both off the same outlet and they're less than 3 amps
- Ch4 Mag 18 (I couldn't think of anything else to put on this channel lol.

Also have 2 MP40W running, not synced or anything atm going to play with that when I have time.

Skimmer is running and so far pulling some gunk.

That is it for an update now time to tweak everything and maybe for once sit back and relax and enjoy this beast.

Sorry in advance for the quality I can't find my usb cable for my camera. These were taken with my iphone.

Current stocking info:

2 clowns,
1 sixline wrasse
2 acans & hammer coral

I'm debating what fish to add next, but I know I want a tang, but that will be the last thing I add most likely.

Looks real good. From your stocking list I would indeed add the two tangs last.
If you have a big enough QT you can do 3 fish...my experience was the two tangs you were thinking of and a blenny in my 24G QT. Not huge fish mind you but medium sized. You have to keep up serious water changes on a daily basis.
I would get your smaller fish then the two tangs together at the very end.

I'm honestly not sure which fish then to get in that case JR.

I have my 2 clowns and a sixline, I find myself wanting to get another fish that will actually swim around the 6 feet of emptiness.

OG has a sale on powder blues and hippos I was thinking of picking both up and QT-ing them and then adding them, or at least the hippo not 100% sold on the PB.

Any suggestions on fish would be great I'd prefer to do more fish right now than corals. Corals grow and look awesome, but if I am going to spend the $ I want to have something moving about that I can enjoy viewing.

I will post some full tank shot pictures tomorrow along with a list of my equipment and everything that I have into this.

if i had it to do over i think i would have gotten a powder blue instead of the hippo for my tank. they are both great fish but i like the pb's......your tank looks good!

Go for the tangs...also if you want movement go for the smaller angel you were thinking about. Or a blennny is cool too. Figure I had two tangs and a blenny in a smaller QT. Just keep the fish on the small side and you will be fine. Do your water changes to keep the waste down.

Corals come as you go to meetings, swaps, etc. Then you end up with no room so don't feel bad about going slow.

I plan on picking up my hippo and another fish next week. I'm waiting for the snow to finish so I can go pickup the 45 I'll be using for QT.

I'll post some pictures of the tank in a few, everything seems to be going well. I REALLY NEED a CUC A.S.A.P I only have the snails from my 14g in there as of now, and they aren't enough.

Speaking of my 14 gallon I GOT THAT CRAB OUT! I wish I would've snapped a picture, but this guy was big and ugly looking. I dipped all the rocks from the 14gallon in a 1.35 salinity bath and I guess that paralyzed him because he was stuck inside of a hole in a rock.

I need to move some corals around as my hammer seems to be getting blasted with flow, I have my mp40s on low and my pump throttled back yet the flow is still alot!.

Also got my sump to be alot quieter than before. I figured out most of the noise was coming from my skimmer after doing a ball valve mod on it and having a T instead of a 90 coming off it. Now the noise is just the bubbles from the skimmer!

Added a green montipora and some zoos from Red Sand, Feng is an awesome guy.

Also picked up a coral beauty and hippo tang + 50 snails from OGII.

Tank is doing good so far, just waiting to add the hippo in 6 weeks and get the ball rolling.

Tomorrow is my first W/C going to do about 25 gallons, should be interesting.

Well got a second hippo and unfortunately that one died in QT also.

I think it was because they were only about 2 inches big that they died, not really sure considering all the parameters in the tank were 0 as far as amonia and such.

It sucks and kind of makes me question buying anymore fish, I don't want to lose any, but guess it is part of the hobby sometimes.

ive heard they can be real sensitive to acclimation and if tank params are good, acclimation just kinda stands out. especially when 2 dont make it