• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CALLING ALL MEMBERS the NJ REEFERS CLUB wants you!

In order to help the NJ Reefers Club move forward, we're looking for people who have an area of expertise that can be shared. Please post here if you have skills as a DIY'er or skills that you use in the 9-5 that you would be willing to share with the group.

Examples are, but in no way limited to, wood working, glass, electrical, plumbing, acrylic (Hi Rich!), concrete, photography, publishing, fragging, etc.

Do you have a lot of success with SPS's, LPS, or Fish and would like to present at a meeting? Do you have a DIY project that you could demo at a meeting? Can you DIY something that can be raffled off?

Please don't limit yourself to the ideas you've read here, but take these as a launch point and share your own ideas!

Thanks in advance,
The NJ Reefers Club

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You know you can count on me. I'll put together something on acrylic work. I'm no expert but I basically understand it, have several successful projects, and understand my mistakes. There are a couple of procedures I need to get down a little better so if I can have until later in the year I will be more informative and better prepared.

C

concept3

DIY......

I can design hoods that enables one to have 80% access from the top of the tank without having to take it all off....hard to explain.

So, here's a PIC:

site1052.JPG

oooh... and PVC pipe related stuff too.

and taking macro pictures.....

and don't forget the fragging.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I could try and help with the printing. Although the owners I worked with for 8 years have just sold the business. So I probably won't be able to get the really great deals I normally would (like...free). But I can most likely do something.

Like Membership cards or something of that nature

i just registered in the club, i'm a nurse per trade, working in a small community hospital in pompton plains, i m still a newbie in this hobby but if you need a doctor recommendation for your self or loveones i would be glad to help out
jun

:) Zeo-Vit.... Mmmmmmmmmmm...? i hope to learn about this system, so i will be askin, n pic-n yur brains man... is that ok ? cw.

hello there NJ Reefers, i am new here. I am a sheet metal worker by day and a DIY person by night. Build a custom wood bow front canopy, wood stands, refugiums, sumps,de-nitrator coil & do some pvc plumbing.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hello mheaven,

I see you work w/ sheet metal. Would you have the resources to bend up some light hoods that could be used with retro lighting kits?

BTW, welcome to NJRC! (need to get a fancy graphic like RC)

yes i do , what is it you need to bend? Is it the reflectors for the lights? If its sheet metal i can make it into anything....what do you mean by (fancy graphic like RC)?