• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CALLING ALL MEMBERS the NJ REEFERS CLUB wants you!

Bill, I spent plenty of time on the 11 meter band as well. Nothing to be proud of or ashamed of, but I was also making money repairing and modifying CB's for the local yocals at that time. I still have equipment from 10-15 years ago that people never returned to pick up. You don't need code to get the Technician class liscense anymore. You lose a lot of the frequencies with the no-code liscense but you can operate on 2 meter and 70cm. I haven't been very interested in DX anyway.

I'll have to check out one these meeting sometime but the next one is the day before my Birthday. Maybe next month.

Hey all,

I'm Tom. Some of my skills include:

Personal Computing: I'm an MCSA/MCSE, so there is not much I can't do with PC's (installs, trubleshoot/repair, networking,etc.).

Film/Video: I have done quite a bit with film/video, can camera op, direct, grip and edit as well.

Still Photography: I am by no means a professional, still getting better (I need to get a better camera, using a Nikon CoolPix 4300 atm)

Graphic Design: I have been doing graphic design for quite a few years.

Can do construction, minor masonry and roofing (not rocket science...water doesn't run uphill, now you know everything you need to know about roofing...tee hee).

As far as DIY goes, there is a lot that I am still learning.

I am always willing to lend a hand, so if anyone needs anything let me know and I am always up for a road trip, so distance is never an issue!

Tom

Hey Tom, always nice to see another computer expert on here. That has always been my life.

If you are up for a drive this weekend I will be picking up my new 240 and could always use a hand! ;)

Thanks, Jazz. I don't have anything planned over the weekend (that I know of), so sure I'd be glad to help out! Jut let me know the where/when and I'll be there! :D :D

Tom

graphic designer here... but have experience via my boyfriend and family with plumbing electrical and woodworking (and building of my last home)...will be building my new cabinet of my 54 RR corner tank (similar to my last gas fireplace build) and going to do a Garage Sump/Fuge from the Family room of my Colonial....when i actually check this site i can give some personal insite of some things but others..well unless i've seen it i have no gaurantee! have litterally sheet rocked and demoed a house myself and cut lines to the basement and wired ceiling lights....i may be a chick but i got some background nowadays in this field!

I'm a sound engineer for a theatre company. I don't know how much that helps anyone, since i can't borrow equipment... I'm a decent handyman, and have done some great cabinetry, install work, but i dont have space now. Anyway, always willing to lend a hand, i have a lot of experience moving heavy things ;D. anyone need a hand mondays/tuesdays let me know.

\
Red

hey all, well im a contractor by trade but im known to take a mean photo from time to time. i also do some acrylic work (amature) but im getting better, just made some fish traps, and frag racks for the MR swap...and i can frag anything.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Saw the frag racks at the swap. The person that I talked to had the last one (drat). They looked really sturdy. Nice job. Our April meeting is at PnoyReefer's home and would be a great place to show off your photo skills!

Any pictures of the frag rack?

Hey,

Have some experience fragging, admin officer of F.D. , recording secretaty, damn good plumber, mason for 5 years, plumbing (black pipe, tubing, and PVC),carpenter for alot more than that, which included framing and fine carpentry, IE... molding, cabinetry, so I pretty much do it all. Master in my own mind ;) anyway. or expert at all master of none (think that's how the saying goes)

Chris

i am a perfesional auto detailer. i have worked for the same two major dealerships for over 8 years now. the company i worked for is sub contracted to these dealerships. i have managed these spots from three months in. any body in cental jersey, i work in the eatontown Pine Belt Chevy dealer want there are detailed im the guy.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Cool Maxx! Welcome to the forums. I may have to swing by sometime and take you up on your service. Thanks for posting it.

My parents own an advertising place so getting shirts or some other kind of clothing made would be a snap, we would prob just have to pay for the material costs...

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's great to know! We can definitely get some quotes from you for comparison.

I know how to make a big mess every time I do a DIY project. I can demonstrate on how to stop the wife from yelling at you when she finds the mess. :D

Computer nerd (IT for a major health care company) by day doing Software Analyst type work

By night and weekends I do vinyl graphics, decals, T-shirts, glass etching (sandblasted beer mugs, wine bottles etc) Not very exciting, but it's cool and at my own pace. Not sure if the club needs any window decals or maybe a beer mug with the NJRC logo etched into it...but if so, I'm more than willing to help out in my off time ;)

I also have 4 kids so I can change a mean diaper and I know how to ductape kids in a closet pretty well ;D

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
reefitup said:
... Not sure if the club needs...a beer mug with the NJRC logo etched into it...but if so, I'm more than willing to help out in my off time ;)
Now that is something I may take you up on!

reefitup said:
I also have 4 kids so...I know how to ductape kids in a closet pretty well ;D
Hmmm, that's something I may take you up on as well!