• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CALLING ALL MEMBERS the NJ REEFERS CLUB wants you!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just wondering about the sheet metal bending for hoods and reflectors for lighting. Another resource if someone was in need and if you were able to do it.

This fancy graphic:
62870welcome.gif

looking for any suggestions for lighting a 54 gallon corner tank with mh lights. would like them to be housed in some sort of a hood. any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Thank you in advance, Dean

I build swimming pools and am a master at all thing plumbing and pump related also good with electrical and fluid dynamics

I have worked as a carpenter and am handy with plumbing, electric, getting better with acrylic and am in general handy with most things. Also, the company I work for uses many materials common in the hobby and I can usually acquire some scrap as needed: acrylic, starboard, plumbing, fiberglass, etc.

Oh yeah, I can fix just about anything on a car too!

I am also always willing to help in any way I can. Let me know

my name is jiggy, i am 20yrs old. i work part time at my moms law firm on weekdays, and i am a club promoter in nyc on weekends.. i am a full contact fighter and have been training in Mixed Martial Arts with a base style of brazilian jiu jitsu and muay thai 7 days a week for almost 4yrs and im hoping to make it into the UFC.

my other hobbies include sports (football, basketball, baseball, futbol), extreme sports (snowboarding, wakeboarding), cars, waverunners/jetskis, dj'ing, home theater, traveling, free diving, partying, tattoos, jewelry, clothes, video games, poker, ..etc.

ion my travels i have been to countries such as canada, mexico, brazil, peru, spain, portugal, italy, israel, UAE, uk, germany, switzerland, japan, china, taiwan, thailand, australia, guam, saipan, and the philippines..

i went to college for medicine, but decided to switch majors when i realized it just wasnt for me. im not the type that can work a 9-5 and be an employee the rest of my life. so i switched my major to business and marketing.. i quit after a semester because i found that they could not teach me anything i already didnt know. i like get rich quick businesses as well as long term investments in real estate, the stock market,.. etc. as well as e-commerce.

i am filipino, born in the philippines, raised in america. im from cebu in the southern part of the philippines where all the beautiful beaches are (many fish in the hobby also come from cebu, especially rare anthias and gobys). this is where spain settled, so we r lighter skin and alot of european features. alot of northern europeans are now settling there as a place to retire. my parents 80% of an island there in which they plotted out portions of land for themselves, my brother, my sister, and i. on my travels i go back and forth from here to there to manage my parents resort there as well as researching and developing plans for my own resort.

sorry for the rant.. its 330ish in the a.m. and i think i have a sleeping disorder and i have nothing better to do

No good with plumbing, electrical, DIY, or any of that stuff. :)

I am an insurance claims adjuster, however, and if anyone's got questions on auto, homeowner's, commercial insurance, etc. claims issues, I'm happy to help out as much as I can.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer working in the water treatment industry. I'm pretty good and piping design and sizing pumps. Oh, and I have done fairly well with the few woodworking projects I've tried. I can build some nice overflows as well.

Mike

hello--professional photographer for over 24 years---have done alot of shooting of my own tanks over the years----right now i use a digital --canon---nice camera----would really like to get the digital hassleblad--but for 39,000--alittle to steep right now---any questions about photography i'll surely try to help
steve

Hey Hurtback!

Glad to have another Canon person here. it seemed like the Nikon guys have been growing in numbers.

I guess you can call me a semi-pro. I've been doing the Wedding - Bar Mitzvah thing for about 25 years too. what kind of Photography do you do?

Eric

C

concept3

qwerty and hurtback-

throw up some pictures already- Canon guys!

I specialize in electronics, electrical and just about anything mechanical. Need something electronic repaired? Hit me up.

KC2SHO

Hey Symbiote...

KB2SOU here... but I havn't powered up the radio in about 2 years.

I look forward to seeing you at a meeting soon.

Eric
73's

ebqwert said:
but I havn't powered up the radio in about 2 years.

Nor have I since I moved about 2 years ago. I should blow the dust off of that stuff.

When and where do these meeting take place?

Symbiote said:
ebqwert said:
but I havn't powered up the radio in about 2 years. 

Nor have I since I moved about 2 years ago. I should blow the dust off of that stuff.

When and where do these meeting take place?

Looks like we have a bunch of new OM's to welcome to the club!

Welcome!

I was just a wannabe at one time. Not enough patience to learn code so I never got a ticket. I just wandered a little north of 10 meters for a few years! ;D

Reefing is now my favorite hobby so don't hold my illegal 11 meter days against me.

Look forward to meeting all the new members soon!