• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CALLING ALL MEMBERS the NJ REEFERS CLUB wants you!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
chuck116 said:
I am a mechanic for an Audi dealer, we also sell BMW, PORSCHE, LAND ROVER, HONDA, BENTLEY, and so high end preowned vehicles . And I am a home owner so like the rest of you I try to do it myself before paying for it. Will be willing to try to help anyone in need . Thanks

Soooo Chuck, do you do mechanical work on other cars and trucks?

I have done some here and there but i have a friend who does truck work and a cousin who owns a repair shop that does mostly all brands.. Whats up Mike you need something??

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes. Question. My code reader tells me my EGR flow is low. I think on my 97 F150, it's on the carb. Is there an adjustment or do I have to replace it? Thanks.

Ok Mike, my friend says if its 97 its not a carb its injected but anyway. he said the first thing to do is put a vacumm pump on the egr valve and exersize the valve with vacumm if it does not clunk back down after putting the vac. to it its most likely the valve. but more common then that is the D.P.F.E VALVE which is on the left side of the engine drivers side. and is either black or siver, the replacement one is black. it has 2 hoses going to it and an electrical connection . he said a very common PROBLEM. lastly the solinoid for the egr. It might be easier for you to call me if you want. I will PM you my number.