• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CALLING ALL MEMBERS the NJ REEFERS CLUB wants you!

Sorry for the late reply to this 'call to action' thread! Happy to help out the club ... but I see we already have a bunch of IT geeks and web guys (sorta what I do). But I also do a bit of promotional work, writing and training - happy to help organize events and agendas, etc.

... other than work, into cars, cats, and FISH! :)

Let's see.... Not sure I'm going to be much help. I'm still trying to figure out this reef thing, not very good with electricals, mediocre at best with plumbing, so so woodworker but I'm real good at finding new projects, starting them and not finishing. Ironically I'm a high-rise demolition contractor by trade. I guess I'm good at getting rid of things.

Being good at drinking beer comes with the territory.

See you at the swap.

Rob

No, not related. Thanks for the greeting though.

I'll be at a meeting eventually, they usually fall on a day when I have something else to do. BoontonBob's meeting earlier this month was about 5 minutes from me but I was out of town. I'll knock back a few with you guys soon.

I live on a horse farm, which means little to us but I have tons of tools and large trucks. I've been a member (off & on, formerly slacktide) for years. I haven't gone to a meeting in years and haven't spent much time online either (my computer skills are worse than my people skills) but I really want to be more involved and vow to do so. See you soon, Petey

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome Petey. Stop in at one of our monthly meetings and meet a lot of great reefers.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Your timing is perfect, Petey. Our meeting is this weekend and next month is our HUGE frag swap (October 25). That's THE don't miss event of the year. It is also a good preview to what a MACNA is like for those who have never been.

Im john 30 years old....I dont really have any skills i can add for the hobby..me and my dad kinda just winged it with my tank and his tank..i have a 180 gallon he has a 90 gallon corner tank..i am a police officer, so i guess i can give everyone pba cards..lol....Im curious where is everyone from? im from north jersey, Bayonne to be exact..i work in Kearny..

i've been a member for about a year now... if it could be of service to anyone that i work for a plumbing supply company doing hvac / inside sales. and have enough plumbing knowledge to accomplish anything tank related weather small scale, or large scale.... just don't ask me about anything electrical, don't touch the stuff.... :-\

well...don't think I have as many practical skills as the electricians and plumbers, ect....I'm a mental health therapist working primarily with foster care children, foster families, and adolescents in crisis- usually biological based.....while I will not offer therapy services, feel free to pm any questions of a mental health nature and I'll do my best to answer and or point you in the right direction for assistance....

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ed, we’re only problems if you take away our tanks,,,than we become real dangerous. The therapeutic abilities of a tank full of fish (and coral) far outweigh the abilities of a naugahyde couch belonging to some psycho-babblist. You sit down in front of your baby and all your troubles melt away. I’m ready for a little session right now…aaaaaah.

Welcome Inquisitive…we now know where you get your mental relief from! ;D

Im a Union Carpenter and do a lot of work on the side. Would be glad to help or give advice on DIY stands, hoods, cabinets or installing fish tanks in walls. Im new to the club but been in and our of the hobby about 9 years...feel free to contact me!!

Brian

Tristian here. I have been a lurker for some time just trying to get my tank off the ground. I am Asonitez on RC. I was recently unemployed but bounced back and landed a new job at NYSE. Still trying to collect enough live rock to get my tank off the ground.

My skills are computer and sales related.

I can do anything on the computer and I am an ok DIY'er. I have entry level electronics and I've been trying my hand at some woodworking. I know sales and the stock market. Anyone have any live rock to donate is free to do so lol. I have some equip I can trade also.

I currently work as a basement waterproofer installing french drains, sump pumps and battery backups. I also do wall supports for bowing walls. so if your basement gets wet after rain storms i could help guide or give you an extra set of hands if you want to install a water management system.. Im also a certified flight instructor and will give you lessons if you want to purse it. But i caution you as it is very addicting just like reefing. well thats about it i can also paint and very handy around the house. Let me know if i can help you.

I am a mechanic for an Audi dealer, we also sell BMW, PORSCHE, LAND ROVER, HONDA, BENTLEY, and so high end preowned vehicles . And I am a home owner so like the rest of you I try to do it myself before paying for it. Will be willing to try to help anyone in need . Thanks