• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Classklown's 40B SPS Paradise

zyrymu4u.jpg
e7uma8a6.jpg
behe3yta.jpg
gaqy5eny.jpg
mumy8ugu.jpg
uduqevev.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

So after almost two weeks of acropower, I walk into my room after a 5 hour drive (should of been 30 min) and took a good look at the tank. My PE is insane and im loving it. Im a believer now

Cons: I noticed some algae on the sand and idk if this is a con but i have not noticed any effects on my zoas.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Anything with aminos and other stuff is going to have some nutrients. Thank you for writing this, I know Trop is getting some in and I will be picking up a bottle. I may have missed it, but how much are you dosing and what intervals are you dosing it at?

Anything with aminos and other stuff is going to have some nutrients. Thank you for writing this, I know Trop is getting some in and I will be picking up a bottle. I may have missed it, but how much are you dosing and what intervals are you dosing it at?

No problem mike, I hope it pushes some people to get it. I was overdosing so I think thats where the algae came from. Until today I was doing about 13 mls (on accident) I lowered it to 10 mls which is the dosage for 50 gallons. Its broken into 4 doses a day at about .4ml.

Let me get a bit more detailed in case anyone is wondering. I will try and post some pics this weekend also.

Like I said no effect on zoas but maybe it will increase growth overtime. Who knows

I also have lps but only a torch and frogspawn. I haven't noticed any effect on those but I honestly dont pay them much mind some people on r2r report better lps color but again I focused on my sps and zoas. I also added a favia from jing 2 days ago that wasnt doing well in her tank so after some time I will report on that.

Sps have gotten a bit more color but nothing crazy. I notice the pinks, greens and reds are brighter. The real prize is in the PE. Polyps are extending so much that they look like they are going to rip off the sps. I have one monti and it hasn't changed. My non acros such as stylo and poci have always been as extended as possible (I think) so they haven't changed much either except maybe in color but even that is minimal if any. Birdsnest looks amazing, I have never seen so much extension on a seriatopora but no increase in colors. What else what else ummm I had a few brown acros on a frag rack that never did much but they are now showing great pe, no coloring up yet but I am hopeful to see something in the next few weeks.

More into the cons:

Algae: I have noticed more algae on my sand but only on the sand. I was over dosing by about 3 mls a week so that may be part of it. Ill see if it subsides but IMO its a small price to pay for the great coral improvement.
Availability: This is apparently flying off the shelves faster than it can be produced. Im kind of disappointed I didn't buy more when I could.

I have used Elos Aminos for about a year prior to this. 2 drops daily. I was told that elos was one of the best and I can say that it did nothing like acropower does. I did not have any algae issue with that though. Again that could be from my human error. Not to mention elos was like $40 a bottle -_-

If anyone wants more opinions just go on reef2reef and search for the thread. Some people even have picture proof. If anyone has any questions, please ask. I hope some of you benefit from this and give it a try.

I am trying to approach this scientifically and allowing only pure evidence to base my findings off of but Its been shown in my tank that it has in the very least shown improvement in acroporas. In all systems? Im not sure but I encourage others to try. Its only $7 a bottle!

Here is one example in a milli

8y3ede9a.jpg

evysune8.jpg

EDIT: Just to add to this ramble a bit more. No environmental factors have been manipulated during this trial. This includes: lighting, flow, feedings, new fish, waterchanges, alk/cal levels, etc. I have added new coral but..comeon that cant be it lol

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Nice write up, so if I am reading this correctly, 10mls per week is the dosage?

It is very hard to have a true scientific comparison whenever you are dealing with live animals, so we get as close as we can.

Have you kept an eye on growth in the time period and how is compares to other times?

Nice write up, so if I am reading this correctly, 10mls per week is the dosage?

It is very hard to have a true scientific comparison whenever you are dealing with live animals, so we get as close as we can.

Have you kept an eye on growth in the time period and how is compares to other times?

Thank you. Yes 10ml is the dosage now. Agreed, you can never control for all variables but I tried to eliminate some.

As for growth I have monitored that but it does not seem to have sped up any noticeable amount. Granted its only been about 2 weeks. Ill comment on that after a month. I got this product more for pe increase and color though as growth has always been pretty fast in my tank for sps.

Ill provide another update in 2 weeks that will comment on growth and hopefully have more pics. Thanks for the interest.

Loved it so much, I invested in more. I should be good for almost 2 years now. Cost me ~$30 with shipping

u2age2y3.jpg

That stuff strongly reminds me of my secret acro ingredient. They have the same effect. One powder is dosed first the green powder and within minutes scolys and sps will have full polyp extension and be in a feeding frenzy.

Then you dose the red powder. The effect is kinda shocking.... I've seen scolys just about balloon up like I stuck a straw in and inflated them.

egy8y4us.jpg

ybu8upuh.jpg

ajegy6ur.jpg

quby5y3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That stuff strongly reminds me of my secret acro ingredient. They have the same effect. One powder is dosed first the green powder and within minutes scolys and sps will have full polyp extension and be in a feeding frenzy.

Then you dose the red powder. The effect is kinda shocking.... I've seen scolys just about balloon up like I stuck a straw in and inflated them.

egy8y4us.jpg

ybu8upuh.jpg

ajegy6ur.jpg

quby5y3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thays great, nevee tried that product

let me know how that acropower works for you in terms of growth and color. so far i just feed my sps a mixture of cyclopeeze, bbs, oyster eggs, and reefroids. would be interested in possibly adding to the mix.

let me know how that acropower works for you in terms of growth and color. so far i just feed my sps a mixture of cyclopeeze, bbs, oyster eggs, and reefroids. would be interested in possibly adding to the mix.

I can tell you now ive seen extreme improvements in growth color and PE but mostly pe