• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DSA 135....

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If all goes well the stand will be built next week, always nice in your store there alex, lots of nice fish and frags. I'll be back for some fish hopefully in january.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
dosing is steady at 85ml a day, quite a jump from the 30ml i was dosing. Managed to move the 135 down into the room it will be set up in from out of the garage. Stand should be built and put into place next week, after that just have to move an electrical box, add a box, and cut the hole in the wall, then start filling the tank.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
back from vacation, bumped up the dosing to 105ml a day now, what a difference a light can make. Hoping this week to start making headway on the tank stand and install.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, after i sat there staring at my mitre saw for a half hour, wondering why when everything was zero'd out and should be perfectly straight, but i was still getting an angle. Well, apparently when i put one of the plates on, i didn't push it back far enough, it's just to hold the wood up, but was causing it to sit on the stand crooked. Now with that fixed, time to finish up the stand, and hopefully start in on the wall this week.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
pulled something in my right arm, so i'm waiting on the painkillers to kick in so i can finish it up and put some pics up.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
here's the stand minus the bottom piece of wood i'll be putting in, its about 3.5 inches shorter front to back to account for the studs in the wall so that i can mount it flush with the drywall.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm pretty sure this will hold the tank, lol. If not it will be a hell of a mess.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The bottom is just going to be two rough cut planks to keep the sump level, stand doesn't have to look neat, just has to hold, which i'm glad, i wasn't up to making anything decent looking.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
stand is done and waterproofed, depending on if i have work on tuesday, it might be time to start marking up and cutting the wall.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thinking ahead to move in day, i've got most of it planned out, but one thing i'll be doing is removing the corals from the rocks, some of the sps will have left over pieces on the rocks. While i plan on trying to use the old rock as the base rock and the new rock up top, there may be some parts still exposed of the old pieces of sps, whats the best way to make sure that the left over pieces don't grow back?

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Framed out the wall and make the cuts, all thats left is to cut the drywall, and run the electric, getting very close at this point. As soon as i cut the hole in the wall the tank can go up on the stand.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
First off, looking good. I really enjoy these actual build threads.

But I'm a bit confused. How are you getting the tank close to the surface of the room side of the sheetrock? I see a stand that is basically four inches from the surface of the sheetrock? I'm confused! But that's easy to do.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I haven't cut out the wall yet, when I do, the 2x4s will also be coming out and I have some wood to lay down onto to bottom studs that will make the front of the stand and the tank will but up to the sheet rock, if that makes sense. the stand was built 3.5 inches shorter than the tank, front to back.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
To clarify a bit more, the stand is just sitting there more for show right now, i'll be pulling it away from the wall again tomorrow, cutting out the wall and mounting everything, and it will be a clearer picture of what it's going to look like.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
aaaand now there's a hole in the wall, wife only had a mild panic attack. Nice clean cut if i do say so myself.