• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Etmanning's 90g Build

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
OH MY GOSH on so many levels! Very proud of you on the QT :) What a score on that beautiful monti cap! The tank looks so wonderful. Nice cleanup crew.

Thanks! I’m just holding stuff for your tank when you get it back up at this point haha.

The QT process is going to kill me, I’m impatient by nature but it’s definitely worth it at this point to quarantine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whats up etmanning! I recommend that u move those stunner far away from anything they can throw out some really long stingers.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
whats up etmanning! I recommend that u move those stunner far away from anything they can throw out some really long stingers.
I'll second that. My stunner I just got rid if was 6"x5" and it's stingers were well over an inch!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Well I'm having an eventful night...

I worked for a few hours yesterday on adding a manifold to my system to accommodate greater control of flow to my filtration components. This involved running a new feed line to my remote refugium.

Well I screwed up and didn't secure the new feed in the fuge and was just woken up to screaming and my mom telling me the house was flooding.

I swear I have NEVER moved so fast in my life. I quickly turned off my pump and began to vacumn up the pools of water on the floor of my fishroom. The sump was half drained!

I managed to get all the water up from the room itself but then went downstairs into my basement to get a towel to finish drying up only to see the entire floor covered in water as well. This hose must have just been consistently dumping water into the ceiling for 2 hours.

All said and done there was about 20 gallons of water on the floor and in the ceiling and to make things even better, I had just upped my Kalk dose and refilled my ATO YESTERDAY so 5 gallons of nice thick kalk solution just went straight into the tank.

And just to top it all off, I ran out of salt yesterday doing a water change on my QT tank. I placed an order with BRS today that included a new batch but now I'm left 20 gallons short with DT water that has fallen to 1.022 from 1.024 in a few hours.

I looked into yhe tank with a flashlight and thankfully it is only slightly hazy from the kalk and everything seems to be alright. None of the corals have bleached or seem to be dying and the fish were all asleep.

The worst part about this is that I have been making such amazing gains with my system in the past few months. Yesterday I noticed the Monti frags I got only 3 weeks ago had already grown nearly 1/4" and I had been saying yesterday how great everything looked. It's just really depressing at this point.

Nothing I can do but go to sleep but tomorrow is sure to be a real fun day..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hopefully everything works out for you. Should think about getting an apex. An apex with a couple float switches would of notified you and could of shut your pumps off.

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Hopefully everything works out for you. Should think about getting an apex. An apex with a couple float switches would of notified you and could of shut your pumps off.

I am planning on it. Over the summer I’ll be working pretty much just to fund an apex so when I am away at school for the next few years I can remotely monitor everything.

We’re in limp mode with the tank right now. The sump water level is so low that I had to relocate the return and there’s a kink in the line now reducing the flow to a trickle. Three days is going to be a long time...

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
Sorry to hear. Head to an LFS and get some salt water until you get your delivery.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Do you want me to make up some water? I have one 5 gallon made up and can make 4 more 5 gallon containers. I have to drive past you. I have to go pickup my 9th grader at CBA track practice at noon

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Do you want me to make up some water? I have one 5 gallon made up and can make 4 more 5 gallon containers. I have to drive past you. I have to go pickup my 9th grader at CBA track practice at noon

That would actually be super helpful. I can repay in frags in the future :)

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
If you use all the salt mix, it's okay. I just need the bucket back since I just discovered my new bucket lid doesn't seal correctly. No rush since I just ziplocked many bags

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Well thanks to @diana a i was able to make enough water to get the tank back running nearly where it should be. Everything is pretty upset right now and the water is decidedly hazy but in time it should settle back down.

Oh and I made sure to clamp that hose down!

And Diana, I actually already made a hole in the lid to use the bucket as my new ATO container but when my bucket of salt arrives on Tuesday you can have it. I’ll just throw my salt into bags then haha.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
OK just let me know when your Instant Ocean bucket arrives and is emptied. I will stop by the house this week to pick it up. You can leave it in on your porch. I switched brands last week and the lid doesn't seal. IO seals great. I was planning to dump my new salt in the IO bucket

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
OK just let me know when your Instant Ocean bucket arrives and is emptied. I will stop by the house this week to pick it up. You can leave it in on your porch. I switched brands last week and the lid doesn't seal. IO seals great. I was planning to dump my new salt in the IO bucket

Alright will do. What salt did you switch to?