• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

February Meeting (2/19) Build your own Ca Reactor Bordentown

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We'll go forward in any case. Hopefully more takers will jump in.

Total cost should be around 110 per reactor based on the following spreadsheet:

Cost Sheet

Shipping will go up a little/down a little depending on how much pipe we have to order.

What is it with you guys
ALTI has tha meeting on the day of the Giants Playoffs and this one is during the Daytona 500 ::)

Jason

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
thetiler said:
What is it with you guys
ALTI has tha meeting on the day of the Giants Playoffs and this one is during the Daytona 500   ::)

Jason

Oh Nooooo! I didn't realize that! :-\

It never rains for the Daytona 500 especially this year! ;D The local boy is making his big start with the big boy's ....Martin Truex from Manahawkin NJ.....We need a TV!!!!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm guessing they have a TV, Merv... Unless you can bring along a demo of a big screen flat panel...

Hey everyone,

Good to see some replies already.  I don't know if we'll be able to cook both Italian and Indo food, so we're leaning towards the Indo food.  Besides, if we do the Italian, it will be me(Dan) cooking most of it and you're probably better off with Lulu's cooking.  At Merv's request, we'll have some Chicken Satay at the party.  (Who doesn't like meat on a stick?)

Don't worry about the race.  We've got a 60" HDTV that you can see from just about anywhere on the first floor.  I'll put a smaller TV in the Basement where the reactors will be built.  

We'll have both mild food and spicey food, but Steve and Jason, you guys ought to split a bottle of maalox and try some of the spicey.  I'll also have some Prevacid if you need it.

You won't go home hungry as long as we know how many are coming so that we'll have enough food.

Phyl:

I was looking at the cost breakdown on the spread sheet - 1" #8 Machine screws are $2.00 each. is that right?

I might change my mind and make one - I'll probably decide at the last minute

Eric

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The package probably costs 2.00. I was taking that from GEBC, the guy who posted the parts list. I haven't costed them myself. Good catch. I'll have to send a scout to HD.

I've updated the spreadsheet to a better WAG on the screws.

I'm going to do my best to be there, spicey food is great, no reactor thanks.

On another note what is this fascination with watching a car drive around in a circle, I just don't get it????

sinkingbeach said:
I'm going to do my best to be there, spicey food is great, no reactor thanks.

On another note what is this fascination with watching a car drive around in a circle, I just don't get it????

You can watch a sport and drink and never miss the winning play unless you pass out from drinking for 2 hours!

C

concept3

sinkingbeach said:

I like watching cars going left and right and then straight and then jump and left again and right again and then making a quick 90 degree spin and then flying down a snow covered road and then left again in between 300 screaming people a mere 4 feet away on both sides of the track..... but they don't show these races anymore on speed channel :(

anyone know what I'm talking about?