• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

First frag tank

It looks clean, however I would be worried gas exchange (oxygen) if that covers most of the tank.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Well, not sure if its bc its a new setup or what but my glass is getting algaed up pretty good as well as the whole frag rack. Looks disgusting.

Well I had an insane breakout of brown hair algae. Not sure if the white egg crate was the culprit but it had to go. Took that out and did almost a 50% water change. My corals weren't looking too good either.

The chromis and melanurus wrasse I had put in here are doing great, very active and eating well. The hogfish, not so much. He died the following day after I got him. Not sure what happened :/

Okay now I need help with making a shelf for my frag tank so I can hang my light. I want it look nice tho, not just an L bracket and a piece of wood ya know? Anyone have any advice or recommend anything?

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
depends on how far from wall you need to go (example) i need to hang my lights 10 in from wall . This will center lights .No one makes what i wanted (almost like a closet rod holder)11.jpgbut was 12 inches away ,no good .Plus instead of bulky wood rod im using conduit . So i need to make it myself . Like everything i need nobody makes it so i need to invent >>>> So this (L) bracket will have a half moon 1q.jpeg crude pic ,,made out of metal with a support arm...

Hmm figures. I'll have to see how far I need my light off the wall and go from there. Might be around the same distance as yours.

Well, I emptied this tank. Not what I wanted to do, but whatever issue I had in this tank was really bad. The water smelled sooo bad, I lost about 5 frags to what I'm guessing was brown hair algae. The other frags that r semi alive made there way back to the DT, which again, I did not want to do. I would have left it up but we had a party last night and it was a MAJOR eye sore so I quickly took it down.