• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

First frag tank

Dude i live at home so shush.my parents now told me i could have put the tank in the other room. Then i would have put a frag tank in my room. Faill

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I run my sons 20 gallon with just two power heads and no fuge just 5 gallon weekly water change no skimmer hang on back scare me if they go nuts for some reason you could have all of your water on the floor. The only problem with no fuge Is nowhere to keep rock for bacteria. We have lots of rock and just glue the plugs to the rock. Also I do think coral grows better with fish in the system we have 4 in the 20 and the coral grows like weeds, fish poooo is good:)
I also think it should be separate from your DT for quarenteen and if something goes bad you won't loose everything. Good luck

I run my sons 20 gallon with just two power heads and no fuge just 5 gallon weekly water change no skimmer hang on back scare me if they go nuts for some reason you could have all of your water on the floor. The only problem with no fuge Is nowhere to keep rock for bacteria. We have lots of rock and just glue the plugs to the rock. Also I do think coral grows better with fish in the system we have 4 in the 20 and the coral grows like weeds, fish poooo is good:)
I also think it should be separate from your DT for quarenteen and if something goes bad you won't loose everything. Good luck

That's what I was thinking, just a few powerheads and that's it. Nothing crazy as I stated before. I may have 1 fish in there for algae purposes but other than that just frags and egg crates Lol

Any ideas on how to make something for my light? Its a Chinese led fixture. Don't think I wanna hang it from my ceiling. Too high up for such a small tank.

What about putting a shelf above your puter desk and hanging it off the shelf? instead of all the way to the celling. There is always the PVC frame option like at the frag swaps. Instead of having the footing all the way to the deskt. cut the PVC legnth wise to make a 3/4 circle to fit on your tank frame.

What about putting a shelf above your puter desk and hanging it off the shelf? instead of all the way to the celling. There is always the PVC frame option like at the frag swaps.

A shelf could work and a PVC frame could work as a temporary (movable) piece. A shelf would look better. Just get like a 2x8 piece of wood and L brackets?? I know nothing about carpentry Lol or simple shelves for that matter

Or skip the shelf and simply use the L brackets. Screw them into a stud with deck screws and you are golden

Sent from my Galaxy S4

They acctually have shelfs at HD and designer brakets to make it pleaseing to the eye. I acctually might a have a few in the basement i might not be using. ill have to check.

LEt me know. i can let you borrow it. or come over and help you set it up.
Wait I'm confused Lol you said u were gonna check to see if u had them in the basement lol
The way ive always done it is this method (actually describes multiple) but basically measure off an outlet box or corner or look for nails in the baseboard
Yeah I forgot about the 16" across rule lol my dad told me about that awhile ago but like I said carpentry isn't my thing.

I have some PC lighting that you could use. I got it for a 20 long that I had. We can maybe work out some sort of deal if you want.....this way there is no issue with shelves, frames, etc.