• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

First frag tank

I have some PC lighting that you could use. I got it for a 20 long that I had. We can maybe work out some sort of deal if you want.....this way there is no issue with shelves, frames, etc.

No that's okay, lights aren't a concern right now. Gotta find something to put my $175 led fixtures to use lol

I completely forgot I made this thread forever ago. I still have plans for this tank tho. Just got an AquaC Remora HOB skimmer in a trade.

I made an extra port in my manifold in case I wanted to tie the tank into the DT which I probably will since we're moving and planning on being here for a few years. Any recommendations on a HOB overflow? Don't think I wanna drill this tank, unless someone knows how and its in expensive lol

I have 2 extra ports on my DT manifold but the location I put the DT is not gonna allow me to incorporate a frag tank. I'm gonna have an aquaC remora skimmer on there but do you think I'll need anything else? What kinda heater could I use that could be hidden? Powerhead?

Iirc they do make inline heaters, not sure by who, but if you incorporate a low flow line with an inline heater that could work. Using JG fittings you can run carbon/gfo reactors. Biopellet reactor. Zeovit reactor. Calcium reactor feed line. You can also use it as a flush line, have a bunch of hose that you can connect and use to drain the tank for water changes, just run the hose to the sink/outside etc. And flush It out rather than use buckets. There are many possibilities.

Well all of those are great ideas, I wasn't looking for ideas on my manifold for my DT. I'm talking about my frag tank Lol I was just saying I wasn't tying it in anymore Lol sorry about the confusion man haha

Yes. I have a aqua c remora hob skimmer for it. I just meant since I'm not tying it in, I won't have an overflow so I'll need an idea on a powerhead and a heater and anything else I may or may not need

I would just keep it simple, I mean its not like there will be much waste produced, and if you keep it barebottom you can just siphon out anything that falls to the bottom so you dont need a ton of flow. Just get a regular suction cupped heater and maybe a koralia or something

a7ybesud.jpg
started to make a frag rack for this tank. I'm gonna use it for the 40g B I have up now with all my coral but will use it for the future as well. Ran outta super glue unfortunately so I won't finish it tonight :/

If no one noticed, this was the finally product that's being used right now
ezusu8e5.jpg

It'll be awhile before i set up my actually frag tank as I'm more concentrated on my stock and rescape

I have no idea, never really looked into egg crate. Can't see it being true tho. How many people use egg crate in their tanks? Unless its certain kinds of egg crate? Not sure.