• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Game Changer Crossflow Water Movement Device Coming out from Maxspect.

So riddle me this Ed.... When the (heck) is this supposed magical wand of amazing flow current going to be available to us less important reefers from said company. You can give all the teasers you want, but it is now mid Oct. and it's supposed to be released. Keep dangling the carrot and I will avoid you just out of principal. Rather annoyed with this company right now.IMHO. I'm thinking of "failure to launch"! Lol

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
They are working out all the bugs before it goes public. It will be out very soon. This is a production sample. With each version it improves. The new controller lets you switch between multiple modes. Pulse mode was the best. It was moving a lot of water to the end of my 265 and back nicely.

I saw the demo at the swap and was impressed with the flow. I liked how small this unit was compared to that of mp40s (I believe they were showing the mid sized model, I am guessing that was the one comparable to the mp40). I also liked the fact that the entire unit can get wet and not fry likes dry side will if it gets wet.
Downfalls, I hate wires in my tank. And I didn't like that the fact that it didn't have multiple flow settings. But i am assuming that will change wroth improvements to its software

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Pete, you seem to be a bit upset. I can offer you the beta version. However, it does have a slight oxidation problem with the aluminum and steel components, not to mention the severe voltage leaking problem with that motor in saltwater. :eek: :grin:

IMG_0452_zps444bd42e.jpg

I like it if it comes in wood stove black or purple coraline. Stray voltage you say.....I just saw Godzilla and maybe it will beef up my corals.lol

IMG_0452_zps444bd42e.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So riddle me this Ed.... When the (heck) is this supposed magical wand of amazing flow current going to be available to us less important reefers from said company. You can give all the teasers you want, but it is now mid Oct. and it's supposed to be released. Keep dangling the carrot and I will avoid you just out of principal. Rather annoyed with this company right now.IMHO. I'm thinking of "failure to launch"! Lol

Pete, help me to understand your frustration with Ed and CoralVue. What do you mean by "less important reefers"? The 50W Gyre will start shipping to us this week with regular weekly shipment thereafter.

Call me if you want additional info.

Chris
CoralVue
985-607-8655

They are working out all the bugs before it goes public. It will be out very soon. This is a production sample. With each version it improves. The new controller lets you switch between multiple modes. Pulse mode was the best. It was moving a lot of water to the end of my 265 and back nicely.

Ed I think you are pulling our chain ... :worthless if you are lucky enough to be the tester you need to show some pictures or better video.:p And Chris if he doesn't post something up I will be glad to take over for Ed as your test rat.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ed I think you are pulling our chain ... :worthless if you are lucky enough to be the tester you need to show some pictures or better video.:p And Chris if he doesn't post something up I will be glad to take over for Ed as your test rat.

Plus 1 for video of it in action in your tank.
I do remember when you said there was nothing better than MP40. I guess time will tell

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
9 years ago I did say MP40s were the best. Like all technology upgrades happen, technology changes. This is a new product that is launching the MP40s didn't come with all the bells and whistles they have now when we first got our hands on them. It took them YEARS to turn into what they are now. Any of you are more then welcome to stop over and check it out. Or better yet I'll bring the units I have to your house so you can see for self. Pete I drive past Hillsborough everyday I'd be happy to stop by your house with one of these demo units.

There are many videos are already out for the Gyre
Rich Ross
http://vimeo.com/108713488

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwL6LYz-Mw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GID4pFUNJts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=_N-HN8RPvp8&app=desktop

Everyone may not remember or isn't aware that I personally launched (while working at IceCap) the VorTech pumps for EcoTech in 2005. There are always roadblocks and unexpected delays when developing a new product. When remembering the past, the launch of the Maxspect Gyre has gone fairly smooth so far. No product is perfect, but the manufacturer needs to be diligent in making sure they deliver a solid design at a fair price and I believe Maxspect is doing just that.

Chris
CoralVue

Last edited:
Chris just repeat after me ...It is all Ed's fault!!:D OK for all you guys who are youngsters here on the board Chris has always been a huge supporter of NJRC. So we are actually getting a lot more info than most of the other people out there as Ed is a test subject.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I just so happen to live down the street from Chris. Keep in mind I'm not the only beta tester. There are 50 or so people around the country that have these units. Darren is another one. His tank is amazing with the Gyre.

I just so happen to live down the street from Chris. Keep in mind I'm not the only beta tester. There are 50 or so people around the country that have these units. Darren is another one. His tank is amazing with the Gyre.
Ed I am just giving you a hard time for fun don't be too serious.:p

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have seen both tanks in person over the years. I think a video of them would be nice to see. In this day and age that should not be to hard to do.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was able to see the gyre in action tonight. It is awesome! The amount of flow that it has is amazing. I didn't think that the flow could be as strong as it was, but it is. The flow that it gets is just amazing. Ed, I'm stealing your line, this is definitely going to be a game changer.

Thank you for letting me check it out!! I really appreciate it. Also, thank you to Chris for coming out with the newest version! I definitely know what I am getting for my tank when I upgrade. :)