• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Group Coral Growout

So I came across a post yesterday of a guy in LI looking to do a growout where a few people send their coral to a central place and have one person grown then, well you get the idea. I figured this could be a good idea to do close to home. I figure 5 or 6 members each offering 1 or 2 SPS frags each. I figure something unusual or rare to keep it worth while. Maybe everyone can offer a few possibilities and we can settle on something. Then we just need to pick one member to do the growout, and wait. Not sure if any members would be interested in this, so let me know if you are.

John

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
any way i can get on this?? i i have high end zoas i can throw in, not so much sps still trying to collect some or i can put up some money!

Hmm. i would be interested on this. Im in the process of building a fishroom. Plan on having lots of frag tank space with a 40Bfrag for SPS and a 60G Deep Blue rimless fragk tank for LPS.

any way i can get on this?? i i have high end zoas i can throw in, not so much sps still trying to collect some or i can put up some money!

I kind of want this to be SPS only but, we can also do one for zoas also. I do have a few higher end ones that i could include. I usually use them to sell and make money for SPS.

So if anyone is interested we could do that too.

I do not want to be the grower though. Your system seems pretty stable john...wink wink

I'm hoping to get some of our heavy hitters here also so maybe they could growout however, I could do it. Just gotta wait till I clear out some, I'm still holding for Dan at the moment and the racks are full.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I gotta see what I have to contribute but I am interested.

Alright then. Looks like we have a group. Now lets see what we all have to offer, and find a potential grower.
Judeo, I have both of those SPS but I'm not opposed to you using them cause others may not have them. On another thought if everyone else is up for it the zoas may still be a possibility.
So I guess the group will be myself, Nyte, clown, kschweer, itzju, ahvrivera, and toad?

Please confirm

Yea I'm in. I have nice zoas and sps so.either works. Id be willing to buy a frag too. Like if we all placed one order and payed for one frag each then someone grew them.out. Though we may need the boards.permission for that since it would be a group buy kind of.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
im in too, sorry for the lack of selection on my sps. other than the red planet and rainbow monti, I have pretty basic birdsnest variants. i do have some zoas though haha.

I do t want to make this into a "buy" but if you choose to do that I guess that cool. We need a place to grow out so its gonna be a while anyway. I'll do it but I just need to wait till me rack is cleaned up so its gonna be a few weeks at least. That should give everyone a good chance to pick up something unusual or higher end or just plain really nice. Heck we could even wait till the swap and get together and pick a few things. I really like that idea.

On my end I've got a few different things that I could do.
UWW rainbow starburst monti
Reef Raft Nauti Spiral
Pink jade acropora
PremoBerry acropora

Everyone could pick one or two.

I actually REALLY like the swap idea. I mean I know its still a ways away. but it's probably the best place that we could all pickup something extraordinary to add to this growout. But im down for a few weeks from now.

+1 to the swap idea. This way we can pick corals that we all dont have and really benefit from the grow out.
But i just picked up a 30K lokani and a highlighter acro i can include on this. have a few others also but all mine are frags at the moment. nothing i can cut from.Yet :) I still have to figure out what the velvet green body with pink polyps is.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
+1 on the swap, I believe we are all going so we can collectively look for SPS we don't have and agree on it for the grow out!