• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hawkeye's AGA 120

Well the frag swap is finally here and I will finally be indulging funds on my tank again.

a) New T5 lights. Will be tinkering with maybe a different combo since I got some of the new ATI coral plus bulbs. It will be a 6 bulb combo of ATI Blue Plus, ATI Coral Plus, and ATI Purple Plus. I still have a bulb of aqua blue too. So will mess around and see how they look.

Here's the definition for the coral plus bulb: Coral Plus

Combines the properties of a Blue Plus (~50%), Aquablue Special (~40%) and Purple Plus (~10%) producing a bulb with a cool, crisp white color with hints of red and blue. The higher blue component compared to an Aquablue Special produces better fluorescence in capable corals and the red component is excellent for color rendition. Approximate color temperature: 15000K+. Recommended Use: As a stand-alone bulb or in combination with Blue Plus, Purple Plus, True Actinic or other supplemental T5 bulbs.

Anyways - will post pics tomorrow of the haul i'm getting from the variety of members who were gracious enough to sell some frags to me. I really wanted to buy from everyone but would have been so broke if I did that. I'm excited to report that I've decided to get a new RBTA. My clowns appear a little worse for wear as they are being chased a bit by the Kole Tang. Dunno why - maybe the kole realizes now that the clowns can't hide from it. The tang never exhibited aggression before. Lesson here: if your clowns are fine without an anemone (as mine were) don't get an anemone. They don't know what they are missing!!!

I ran into Mike M at AqOB yesterday. So great to see him again. While celebrating Will's bday at AqOb, I was happy to have purchased a pair of kuda seahorses (for my other tank) and a valentini puffer (we think...pics to come) and a flame hawk. There were many other fish that looked great but I had to weigh it against the fact that my tank has some killer aggressive fish...lol.

Well that's all for now. AFter the swap will post back here and also try and get some pics with the lights on of the new fish.

pic of the puffer....cute little guy that my kids love. Amazingly no one is bothered or bothers him. A rare community fish. Note that it is probably slower than my sea horses when it comes to eating. Sorry it was taken with the ATI blue plus on and my white balance is way off.

Things have been busy and time flies. I'm still in the hobby - but I haven't had as much time to contribute to the club lately. Hope to make it to one of the meetings again to at least show my face so you guys know i'm still alive...lol.

The 120 continues to live on...apparently the one RBTA I purchased long long ago has decided that the scientific reproductive method of fission needs to be done not once, but over and over and over again. My tank has gone from a mixed-coral tank to now just a tank with RBTAs...

Here is just a pic of part of the tank with all the nems retracted for sleep/night.

The clowns jealously guard that patch as that is where they lay their eggs. You can see the new batch there (in orange). If I ever decide to raise the babies again - i'll be sure to post my progress here. I'll also try and get a pic where all the nems are out. You can't see any of the rock picture below. Mind you the "rock" that is direct front closest to you was my idaho grape cap...which died when power failed and I ran out of gasoline during hurricane sandy mess. The RBTA survived though...

IMG_2647_zpsazeinjhx.jpg

URL]