• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Here's my Big Office System

Hey everybody!

I just joined NJRC a little while ago and have been lurking. I hope to meet some of you at north jersey meetings some time.

My current system is in my office. It's a 120g 4 x 2 x 2 with dual overflows. I originally bought this 120 tank to use as a fuge or frag tank in a system I've been planning for some time now for our house. That project is still awaiting completion of our family room and keeps getting pushed back. So, when my office had to move this past summer, I upgrade the 75g I had in my old office to this 120.

Because I had been collecting equipment for the new tank at the house, I did not have to buy anything for this build, I just picked through all the used stuff I'd been collecting for about a year from other reefers and this is what I came up with.

My 75g just before the move

FTS0606.jpg

The office after a lot of cleaning!

myofficeprefloor.jpg

The tank just set in place

120justinplace.jpg

Popped the drain lines thru the wall into a closet under some stairs, shoved the chiller in there too.

120startupdrainchiller.jpg

Put the ASM G4x skimmer in its own sump next to the chiller

120startuppicsG4x.jpg

The fuge is a 75 g that sit along the wall in the closet behind the display, the return sump sits underneath the fuge on the same stand. The fuge holds a frag rack too.

120g1206fragrack.jpg

I put a 200 cfm vent in on a t-stat it's loud but it really helps with heat and humidity.

120startuppicsventfan.jpg

There's a 4' false floor between my office and the upstairs where the vent runs

120startuppicsventduct.jpg

;D

Re: Here's my 120

Wow!!! You can post a lot of pics here in one post ... cool!! ;)

So I needed lights:

framed canopy

120startuppicshoodframefront.jpg

Lumenarc minis installed with 175 Hamilton MH and 3 x 54w T-5

120startuppicshoodframetop.jpg

The back with fans on timers

120startuppicshoodframeback.jpg

The test

120startuppicshoodlights001.jpg

... and a cover, unfortunately, it still looks like this, work has not allowed time to finish the canoly and stand ... but soon ;)
120startuppics08-18003.jpg

Here's what it looked like in Late July of 06 right after the move.

120startuppics08-18.jpg

By late August

12008-30-06FTS2.jpg

Then, the hair algae came ....

RighttankHA11-06.jpg

... and came

HairAlgae.jpg

... and came

120g1206HAon010207end.jpg

but then I got the King of Algae, this Sea Hare cleaned my entire tank

120g0107SeaHare0115.jpg

A temperature SNAFU took him, (old industrial building are very hard to keep at any one temp there are many temp casualties in my logs :-\) but I will always remember the King of Algae

Here's the tank in February

120g0207FTSleft003.jpg

Here's the rest of the equipment

Ca reactor (still trying to get it on line), GEO Kalk mixer, ATO, and QT

120g0207CRKRATOQT.jpg

... and the critters :D

a midas blenny

120g0207MidasBlennyincubby.jpg

purple linka

120g0207PLstar02.jpg

about 35 hermits blues and scarlets they ate most of my snails, need to hop on the group buy to get some more!

120g0207BLhermit.jpg

orchid dottyback

120g0107newOD.jpg

several clams, this squammy, a big derasa, a crocea and a golden maxima

corals09-05-06squammy.jpg

a coral beauty

12008-24-06CB02.jpg

the most neurotic fish I have ever owned ... I don;t know why people are so crazy for these crazy fish?!?!

120g0207YTFPcappi.jpg

I have a fox face too, he's much more normal!

foxgrazing.jpg

... and a pair of mated o. clowns, they spawn every three weeks like clockwork!

09-26-06QTclowns012.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Look's great, Bax. What kind of office do you work in that allows you to do this? I have a 12g nano in my office and feel like I'm pushing my luck! I'd love to be able to throw a 120 in there.

Thanks John ;D

I am a driller, I do environmental drilling and sampling, for better or worse, I am the boss ;)

It is very difficult to find enough time to do all the maintenance, as I don't always spend my days in the office, I often work outside on site for days on end. Then add family obligations and ... sometimes the reef has to live with the time I can give it. Some days, that's 15 miniutes or so, some days it's what ever it needs. :D

Here are some of my corals:

A blue tip stag

120g1206newstag.jpg

My prize rasberry & blue prostrata, took a real beating in the move, but has rebounded well

120g1206prostrata.jpg

A new stylo frag, it has struggled with some kind of infection (brown bacteria I think) Lugol''s & Betadine followed by TMPCC dips have helped it

120g0207newstylo.jpg

... and a really cool fuzzy green mille frag

120g0207fuzzygreenmille.jpg

... I need to take more pics :)

Thanks John.

The Stylo is from Stan in Hillsborough. It really is irridecent. So is the green milli that pic doen't even begin to show the PE that puppy is capable of its polyps are like 1/2" when really extending!

I need to clean the glass and take some pics

Here are some coral pics from today

Here's the lighter blue of my torts, the other is anm ORA cali but I can not get a pic of it to save my life!
120g0307tort.jpg

This is a pink & green milli frag, I love this frag!
120g0307pinkgrnmilli.jpg

Here's that green milli again but with better PE
120g0307greenmilli.jpg

Here's a pink & purple milli that I've had about 10 months now, lousy color on this pic though.
120g0307pinkpurpmilli.jpg

Here's my deresa with a digi in the background
120g0307deresadigi.jpg

Here's a pic of my rasberry & blue prostrata from today
120g0307RBprostrata.jpg

Thanks for looking ;D

Thanks malulu

cameo's model?

If you're refering to aquascape, I like the rocks off the wall with free standing structures. When I do my big tank, there'll be lots of islamds to isolate anemones GSP and zoos and such

Here's the right side of the tank

120g0307tankrightside.jpg

Here's the left side

120g0307tankleftside.jpg

Heres an FTS

120g0307FTS.jpg

Oh! :)

It a Canon I think DX 6040???

I'll check it's at the office .. I really can't figure out how to change the settings, I may have to break down and read the encyclopedia that came with it!

Bax,

In the first pic of your 75, what kind of coral is in the center to the right of the cap looking at the tank. It is a purple and white color. That thing is killer!

Bill Thanks!

JRod

In the forground is a pink stylo that withered on me literally overnight shortly after that pic was taken. I still have no idea what caused that.

The purple coral behind it is a gemmifera, I really like the massive look of these corals and hope to get other colors of it.

corals09-05-06gemmi.jpg