• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Here's my Big Office System

Re: Here's my 120

Here's a recent end view, it is becoming one of my favorite views of the tank.

120endJune07end01.jpg

The RBTA recently split, there is still one clone, maybe two along with the perent anem in this pic, but I only knew of the split upon finding a clone in the VorTech ... yieks!

A little look back ...

My 120 is one year old!!! :D

Here's the 120 days after transferring my livestock from my 75 last August ...

120startuppics08-18.jpg

and now ...

from the my desk
Aug07FTS01.jpg

from the door to my office
Aug07FTS02.jpg

an end view
Aug07end01.jpg

My gemifera and a pink milli then ....

corals09-05-06gemmi.jpg

corals09-05-06purpmili.jpg

And now the mili moved to the rear (it's hard to see but the milli is like 10x the size now)...

Aug07gemmi.jpg

A yellow digi then ...

corals09-05-06digi.jpg

and now , I just had to move this because my deresa keeps breaking it off the rockwork ::) ...

120endJune07clamalley.jpg

I got this stag in December ...

120g1206newstag.jpg

now ...

Aug07bluestagCB.jpg

Always much to do, and I am scheming a major upgrade, hope to correct the little things I rushed through last year in the move, but I am still giddy about hitting the one year mark
;D

Thanks so much for the kind words. It's been an interesting year and I've learned sooooooo much. Still much to improve.

Thanks again!

Thanks J Curry.

I am sad to say, the linka didn't make a come back. I am also not so sure that the blue stripped rabbit did not pick at him, it has a wierd sence of taste ::) and the linka's decline was at the same time I added the rabbit. But I am not sure if the rabbit started the linka's issues or not?

I test for PO4 and do not show any significant rise. I use a Deltec kit and although I feel there is some variation from test to test in the result color, it is still below the lowest reference result. I do run a PhosBan reactor that I change quarterly. One day I'll spring for a real Po4 tester.

I am preparing to redo the sump room. I now have two sumps with about 45 g in combined operating volume and I am changing them out for one that will operate at about 60 g and A LOT better skimming. I am on the fence about increasing from a 75 g to 90 g Fuge. I'll be upgrading the chiller as well going to a 1/2 hp. I'll be addressing other equipment and plumbing issues that I could not focus on during the hasty move and set up of the 120.

All this is so I can tie in a 240 g I just got which will be an angel orientated reef. (i.e. the corals will be those they don;t eat ;) ). The 120 will remain an SPS dominated reef.

.. This should to be fun ;D

Here's an early morning shoot, from my desk, just a few minutes after the actinics came on. The white spots on the glass are little snails, there are hundreds of them in the tank.

Aug07aniversarypics003.jpg

Dude, your front glass has Ich. ;D

That's quite a bit of snails. Looks like the tank is nice and healthy.

Carlo

Just a pic of my caps under actinic

120Oct07capsundractinic.jpg

They are growing like weeks! The orange started overtaking my superman and I had to move it to save the SM frag. It is still a little browned out, but recovering.