• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Here's my Big Office System

Re: Here's my 120

Beautiful. You have some gorgeous stock in that tank! Your Midas Blenny has beautiful coloring. We're on our second one now, he's not as cool & colorful as the first one we had. But they're a great fish to have. Love the color on your Linkia and that Deresa is HUGE!

Nice job.

Thank you Sorcha

My midas is a favorite. I am very lucky to still have it. It carpet surfed in QT found it an unknown length of time later in a pile of salt crud near the QT's sump!!! It later jumped into the overflow in my 75, then out, then in, then out then in again where it stayed until I moved the tank for about 8 months!!!

...I now cover my overflows and have 360 protection against jumping ;)

The linka has been in a few months now, I hope to get a blue one now that this seems well aclimated.

I luv my clams thanks again! ;D

Bax,

Yeah its the coral that was in the foreground. What a shame to lose such a nice piece, never seen those colors.

Yeah, I got that coral at AF. I was just in looking and there it was, PE and color like I have never seen. So I dropped 100 bux on it and it was my centerpiece for some time very healthy and maintained color and PE even through its demise. It RTN'd so quick it was beautiful all over except for the sloughing areas.I finally fragged it to save it, and one after the other the frags did the same thing.

I Had this happen to a gemmifera as well?

Not sure what to make of it. Maybe FWs? But I dip to check for them and don;t find any. I think it's possible there may be something bacterial going on? I am puzzled. But everything seems to be OK at present.

I am kicking up the lighting to 400 watt 10K ushios as soon as the bulbs arrive. Now that should color things up a bit 8)

Here's a old pic of that pink stylo from my 75 I miss this little guy :'(

Mar06PinkStylophora.jpg

Just clowning around ...

The female peeking out...
clownn03073.jpg

The male peeking out ...
clownn03075.jpg

Together ... she's ripe again! Every three to four weeks
clownn03076.jpg

Baxreefs said:
Thank you Sorcha

My midas is a favorite. I am very lucky to still have it. It carpet surfed in QT found it an unknown length of time later in a pile of salt crud near the QT's sump!!! It later jumped into the overflow in my 75, then out, then in, then out then in again where it stayed until I moved the tank for about 8 months!!!

...I now cover my overflows and have 360 protection against jumping ;)

The linka has been in a few months now, I hope to get a blue one now that this seems well aclimated.

I luv my clams thanks again! ;D

Really? Neither of our are/were jumpers at all. The first one was awesome, he would hang out and flirt with you at the glass. We lost him to an Ick outbreak, it was awful. This one is more neurotic and is greyer than the first one. He hides vertically against the glass in the top corner next to the termometer. He won't go back to the rock since we moved it all a few weeks ago. ::)

Yup, I've had the midas almost two years now and I think it's finally settling down. It used to break the water surface when I'd feed or be cleaning all the time, but hasn't in quite a while.

ocmsolidsnake

Way back in my original 26g, I lost one from the original pair in a clam vs clown issue ... not pretty. Prior to that incident, the o. clowns, not known for hosting RBTAs, rarely paid any attention to the anemone.

After the clam incident,the remaining clown, almost immediately began hosting the anemone. When I upgrade to a 75g the first fish I got was a very small clown. About 5 minutes out of QT it joined the other clown in the anemone and they've been the perfect couple ever since. When I moved into the 120, I moved the rock, anemone and clowns together.

Knock on wood, the anemone has been attached to the same rock for over 18 months ... shhhh, let's not spark a migration ;)

Thanks Daniel, I just passed the six month mark so hopefully things will really settle in and start to grow out.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Nice addition, Bax! Good luck with it. I like the end view, too BTW.

So here's a pick of the tank where in the lower left you can see a large patch of orange zoos. It is 10 to 12 inches across in this pic.

NewMHApril07004-1.jpg

Here's a close up of that spot two weeks after adding the blue stripped rabbit ... he likes zoos. He mouthed lots of other stuff too , but this is all he ate. Now that it is settled in and feeding well with the others, it is a moddle citizen, but zoos are out of the display for now.

051807120picszoosgone.jpg

Here is the bottom layer of egg crate screen I placed over the tank to acclimate from 175 to 400 MH. I used three layers in a pyramid ... worked well. I am now at a full light cycle.

T-5 on at 7 AM
left MH on 9 AM
right MH on 11 AM
left MH off 3 PM
right MH off 5 PM t-5 off 7 PM

The staggereed MH cycle seems to help with the heat.

051807120picseggcrate.jpg

... It's gone so well, my growth has really kicked in, I am now moving corals around to accomidate potential growth. The blue tipped stag in the lower right grew so much it bagen toppling over and I'll have to cemment it to the rock below this week .... good problem I guess ;)

051807120picsend.jpg

I am really troubled by this linka. I've had it since December it has been beautiful! But now it is bleaching? What's up??!? ???

051807120pics001.jpg

Here's what it looked like only a few weeks ago? :-\

SquamyLinka2.jpg