• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Here's my Big Office System

YES!!!

My replacement impeller for my SRO 3000 Ext is FINALLY on its way!

I've been running my skimmer with a Sicci SPK250 just stuck in the cone body sitting on top of the bubble plate. Not a bad quick fix, but this has been my only skimmer for months now. I can not wait to have a real skimmer again!!!!!!!!! Dance

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I have had that happen before and it was with corals. Hopefully you live close?

No live stock just a skimmer impeller, I waited for months for so far.

The isue is, I have the 1st generation Bubble Blaster pump on my SRO3000. I bought it used. Recevied it. Cleaned and tested it. Packed it up for almost a year. Moved my system home form the office and set up the SRO. It ran fine for a week or two, then started jamming up. I took it apart and discovered the impeller had been broken and repaired by the some one at some time (but not by me). The repair gave out. The new Bubble Blaster impellers almost fit, but don't.

I just want to get solid skimming back into my program!!!!

No live stock just a skimmer impeller, I waited for months for so far.

The isue is, I have the 1st generation Bubble Blaster pump on my SRO3000. I bought it used. Recevied it. Cleaned and tested it. Packed it up for almost a year. Moved my system home form the office and set up the SRO. It ran fine for a week or two, then started jamming up. I took it apart and discovered the impeller had been broken and repaired by the some one at some time (but not by me). The repair gave out. The new Bubble Blaster impellers almost fit, but don't.

I just want to get solid skimming back into my program!!!!

That sounds like a nightmare, Bax!

Nikki

Eighteen months of sub par skimming after four years of leaning on an MRC4R for sewage management!!!!!

You know I'm not happy!!!!!

Hopefully once it is returned to the vendor by the USPS we'll be back on track. But I really need to consider buying the newer
bb pump for this skimmer ... what's another $350 at this point in the game!

The vendor has offered me a deep discount on a future purchase to ease my grief over this, which is a thoughtful gesture on their part, so I'm considering picking up a SeedWave DC pump to use as my return pump for long term heat and watts savings. Not only that, the controllable DC pump would allow me to vary flow which is somthing I've been doing for a while by changing the modes on my multiple Vortech pumps daily.

Nikki

Eighteen months of sub par skimming after four years of leaning on an MRC4R for sewage management!!!!!

You know I'm not happy!!!!!

Hopefully once it is returned to the vendor by the USPS we'll be back on track. But I really need to consider buying the newer
bb pump for this skimmer ... what's another $350 at this point in the game!

The vendor has offered me a deep discount on a future purchase to ease my grief over this, which is a thoughtful gesture on their part, so I'm considering picking up a SeedWave DC pump to use as my return pump for long term heat and watts savings. Not only that, the controllable DC pump would allow me to vary flow which is somthing I've been doing for a while by changing the modes on my multiple Vortech pumps daily.

Do it, Bax!
That sounds like a nightmare you can't wake up from.
END THE PAIN!

Amazing!!!
I am actualy holding an impeller for my gen one BB3000!
Let's hope it's the right one this time! This only took six months to recieve!!!!!
I'll drain the skimmer later today and find out! :nervous

I am loving the SRO3000XP ext as it was meant to run! I still may pick up the new gen BB3000 for it, but it is a truly excellent skimmer.....

And the biggest I could use on my current system....
Just the way I like it!:chuncky:

I'm still balancing the system with the new pump and impeller running on the skimmer, but it is all good!

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I just got the XP3000 int for my FOWLR. 24 hours and the cup is full with some thick, smelly skimmate. I am amazed how quick these things work.

Wow! I really need to do an update!

Still working on finding my happy place again with my SPS. I feel stable but not like things are super happy as I'm used to. I'll be buring some vacation time over the next month and plan on doing some SPS specifc projects focused at water chemistry stability.

I also need to set up a QT because I need some new fish!!!!

Hey Jim!

Well, my stuff is not as show worthy as I'd like it to be. But I'll take some pics. I'm still tweaking things and I have many plans to do some significant tweaks over the next few weekends as I eat up mounding vacation time.

For example my skimmer is running great now that I got the impeller issue straightened out. But ... The volute is leaking! And it's growing worse! So, now I need a new volute ... Or maybe the new generation BB3000 pump!:sneakiness:

I still have yet to really nail down my Fuge, SW making setup, Kalkmixer and CaRX. I've set up a couple of versions but still have not settled on a configuration.

We'll see where I get over the next five weeks of three day weekends! :wink:

Just caught up on your thread. wow! What a ride! Your tank looks great! Always good to see victory.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk