• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Here's my Big Office System

Yes!!!!

FINALLY!!! My clowns are spawning again! First time in the new DT since the move! Maybe I'm finally getting it all back together again!

Not prepared for that at this time. Maybe one day. In the past before I moved the system to my house from my office, my clowns would spawn monthly.

Here's what the display looks like now. I finally got the accent lights over the tank wired in.
front12812.jpg

I still have to pull the canopy down and add a bezel inside to block the fugitive light around the doors, I still really like the tone of the wood color and I'm very pleased with how it looks in the room.
topdoors.jpg

I have to order the counter piece.
end12812.jpg

Here it is with other lights on in the room.
endbacklit.jpg

Canopy handles
tophandles.jpg

Lower door handles
bottomhandles.jpg

And, an FTS. My corals are still not fully colored up but they are improving.
FTS12812.jpg

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Woodwork looks awesome Bax. Nice job! I used the same style handles for my canopy too... I just chose the stars like you have and the spiral shells instead of the longer shells you used.... although I may use those on my new build (stand) and then use the same set for the canopy I have now.

Oh, and gratz on the clown spawning. ;)

Top of the reef from the end with both of the Orchids out and about.
psudopair_zpsb8af1a1c.jpg

End of the tank the Tomini is darting around at the bottom.
endtomini_zps514eeb98.jpg

The YT thinks he's the boss but I'm pretty sure it's the female clown! The clowns are back to spawning every 2-3 weeks!
YTtop_zps87f8361f.jpg

My soliterensis was knocked back to just a wee frag by my battle with AEFWs but is now the fastest growing coral in my system.
soliterinsis_zpsb9021d0a.jpg

My Hawkins is back too!
hawkins_zps6bef56a8.jpg

Two of the more unusual pieces in my system my a. simplex and crayola plana, in the back my Peterson's blue millie that just won't look blue. I'm really considering either MH or T-5 supps to the LEDs. Just 4 hours a day could really make all the difference in growth and color.
simplexampcrayola_zpsa5ca2755.jpg

My deresa is getting BIG!
derasa_zps9da745a6.jpg

The RBTA that the clowns just will not even acknowledge! They thrived in my last RBTA!!!!
rbta_zps4f169566.jpg

Azure damsel and some nukes
azure_zps0ca35834.jpg

The flame is really looking good and getting FAT!
flame_zps599195be.jpg

I picked up a 20g from the PC $1/gallon sale for a QT (I broke the original QT.... FYI MagLites & glass tanks don't mix) so it'll be time to add some fish in it soon as the garage warms up a bit.

The tank looks fantastic, Bax!
Seeing your recovered Acros gives me hope in my flatworm battle.

Be patient Nikki!
Isolate and dip dip dip along with a systemic treatment of the isolation tank and DT
It'll be the fight of your reefing life to be sure.:nightmare:

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Bax

That looks awesome. There is nothing more satisfying than bringing dead corals back to life.

Sunny

Yes Sunny it was a very hard fight back from AEFWs it feels awesome to look at growing pieces that many experienced reefers advised me to throw away and go SPS fallow.