• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hurricane Irene

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Well it looks like we may get hit by a cat 2 hurricane sunday into monday. Going to test my generator before then. Make sure you make preparations in case of long power outages...

Jeeeez, first an earthquake now a hurricane.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
And you forgot algae blooms off the coast line.. looks like the end is nigh.. I think zombies are booked for next week

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I believe the natural order of Armageddon is earthquake, hurricane, and then followed by a swarm of locusts. :eek:

locusts0708-thumb-400x300.jpg

Well it looks like we may get hit by a cat 2 hurricane sunday into monday. Going to test my generator before then. Make sure you make preparations in case of long power outages...

Jeeeez, first an earthquake now a hurricane.

No generator here - last time greg posted that deal with home depot and I missed it! drats.

I ended up getting an invertor - it's not the same but will at least power a single powerhead.

I guess short term without a generator I'll do the ol' pour water from a substantional distance above the tank to oxegenate the water*sighs* but for the house I will have multiple flashlights,battery powered radio,fill buckets of water for washing,bathing,flushing the toilet and brushing teeth.Also extra water for drinking,maybe even fill the tub.In case water is down for a week or more.Also have a first aid kit handy and plenty of snickers and milky way bars on hand and beer for sane-itary reasons of course;)

howze01

NJRC Member
Stupid hurricane.... Supposed to be going on vaca down to the Outer banks in NC. Of course they started evacuating tourists today and the residents are supposed to start leaving tomorrow. Good news is, there's always Maine as a backup!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What I’m reading is that they are not so much concerned about the big blow in our area as they are about the amount of rain. One model predicts as much as 11 to 12 inches of rain…..major flooding. Now, were did I leave those plans for the Ark, and what the heck is a cubit?

What I’m reading is that they are not so much concerned about the big blow in our area as they are about the amount of rain. One model predicts as much as 11 to 12 inches of rain…..major flooding. Now, were did I leave those plans for the Ark, and what the heck is a cubit?

and that's why I just put a sump pump in my basement this afternoon

Just crossing my fingers....

Worst case scenario I'll get one of those blow up couches for my living room, some air tubing, and a bike pump. That way I can float around the house and still pump air into the tank...

Unbeleivable. Jonathan and I were talking about this months ago, and thought it was a good Idea to get a generator. Well it slipped my mind, until now, and I've been to all the local home depots, ace hardware, and even freaking walmart-everyone is sold out. I figured around here that people usually wait till ther is a problem THEN they go to get supplies. I figured I could find one. I think worst case scenario, I maybe can borrow my mom's or get ahold of some inverters for my backup-backup plan. Hopefully this passes without an outage, and I can pick up a generator right after in preparation for the next storm.

Paul...not sure which one you need, but I found this for you..... Cubits.........
  • 6 palms = 24 digits, i.e. ~45.0 cm or 18 inches (1.50 ft)
  • 7 palms = 28 digits, i.e. ~52.5 cm or 21 inches (1.75 ft)[SUP][2][/SUP]
  • 8 palms = 32 digits, i.e. ~60.0 cm or 24 inches (2.00 ft)
  • 9 palms = 36 digits, i.e. ~67.5 cm or 27 inches (2.25 ft)
So get working.....I'll be over for a ride when it's finished!!

I have my generator ready!! Had to use it last weekend during the last storm. I just have to go fill up my gas cans and I'll be ready!!