• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hurricane Irene

Well, I went all over the freaking place looking for a generator and they are sold out. My brother is coming from Indiana tomorow and he will check to see if he has enough room in his suv to bring one up for me. Unbelievable..........

The news is saying with all the rain we have had and are going to get plus the heavy winds we will have a lot of power outages. They are also saying power could be out for days.

howze01

NJRC Member
Ugh.....We've (by we I mean CJ) been looking for a generator and haven't found one yet. Had plans to go to Baltimore to see the Yankees but cancelled those plans. Outer Banks is still up in the air though. The storm is one thing but I have a feeling that even after it's over there may be no electricity or anything. Not exactly the kind of place I imagined vacationing with three kids under 3 along.....

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, I went all over the freaking place looking for a generator and they are sold out. My brother is coming from Indiana tomorow and he will check to see if he has enough room in his suv to bring one up for me. Unbelievable..........
How aggravating is it not to be able to tap into that powerplant on your roof??? I know I'd be

Yeah this is getting depressing. Mandatory evacuation + no electricity = dead coral in a flooded basement. I'm thinking that if we do get a mandatory evacuation order in Point Pleasant I might leave my truck here, running, with my basement sump pump and a pump for circulation plugged into to a power inverter on my truck. From what I've been reading online my truck might run for at least a day. Any thoughts?