• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hurricane Irene

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here is a question. I have kept the lights out, don't want to tax the generator as it is super finicky(read PIA), how long do you think the corals will survive without much light?

That sucks, you get generators to avoid such hassles! Anyway, I have gone 3 weeks with no lights and corals bounced back fine...not adviseable, but you will be fine in short time

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome back to the real world.

Thanks Guys, The thing I hated the most was feeling seperated from the outside world. No news, no phone and my cell was good for nothing but texting with the occasional check in here.

I have some work to do now. Here are 2 FTSs of the grim looking return
imag0733.jpg
imag0734.jpg

The one on the left is the 200g that had 1 mp40 w/battery backup which lasted 60+ hours! water stayed clear and lost no fish. ALL corals lost color

The tank on the right had no only manual flow when I thought about it. This water turned milky white and lost 2 fish. Xenias and huge colt coral shriveled up to nothing and I thought were dead.

If these things bounce back I will repost here for comparison

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wonder what the milky white is...bacterial bloom?.. My tank did that last year when i was away for a week and my neighbor dosed to much vodka.. it cleared up after a few days with a WC and cutting back on the vodka.. Don, did you do any water tests yet?.. Also if you need any RO/DI water i could bring some over