• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"If you want to upgrade your tank I want you to upgrade my front porch!"

I got an email this afternoon from Coast to Coast about how my tank is coming along. They sent me this picture
75931285-1858-4E23-9402-05DE488F04B1_zpshjmd1dod.jpg

They also told me that it will be ready to be picked up n 2/21! they said that i can pick up the stand before so i can skin it when i get the stand i will move my 90g tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Nice looking tank. Coast to coast does some nice work. Can't wait to see it come together.

Nice looking tank. Coast to coast does some nice work. Can't wait to see it come together.
Thanks Kevin! I was super stoked when I got the email. So far my experience with Coast to Coast has been A+

I have yet to hear anything negative about them. I deal with contractors all the time at work and I always ask or references. I always ask them for one negative reference. It's funny the responses they give you. I have yet to get a phone number of a negative customer. However I ask them to tell me about a customer or project that went to crap and how they handled it.

nobody is perfect and everybody makes mistakes.
(except for my wife)

CD91E3B7-8237-4AF8-9BA4-A44E3D95465E_zpsfno0imsb.jpg

How reliable are these float valves? I never used one before I just let it overflow the bucket and just waited for my wife to scream at me.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I have seen one or 2 fail but they were old (3-4 years). Other than that they seem to be pretty good. Just make sure you inspect it every so often to make sure it's working and a cleaning every now and then doesn't hurt.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Float valves will fail. To be on the safe side, slap a water alarm above the waterline of the Brute. These things put out a shrill similar to your wife’s voice. As a matter of fact, if this alarm goes off and your wife is home, you’ll hear an echo effect of the shrill of the alarm and the shrill of your wife yelling, “What is that noise!”. I have THIS ONE…..inexpensive, but effective.

EDIT TO ADD: Just saw that these are available at HD for ten and a half clams....HERE.

Last edited:
Float valves will fail. To be on the safe side, slap a water alarm above the waterline of the Brute. These things put out a shrill similar to your wife’s voice. As a matter of fact, if this alarm goes off and your wife is home, you’ll hear an echo effect of the shrill of the alarm and the shrill of your wife yelling, “What is that noise!”. I have THIS ONE…..inexpensive, but effective.

EDIT TO ADD: Just saw that these are available at HD for ten and a half clams....HERE.

That is perfect! i just read the first review and i like it. the guy said he used screws to make an additional sensor and spliced it into the unit for added protection. I like DIY stuff!

$6 BUCKS from the Petco in Cinnaminson!!! 90% off!!! Tomorrow is their last day
1F829DF1-92D6-40D5-B4AE-C21C77130FBA_zpsumuu8gig.jpg

SCORE ONE FOR MATT

I put bulkheads above float valves and tube them to the drain, so the excess water will drain out if the float fails.

This is the first weekend that I have not had anything planned. Other than a soccer game tomorrow from 12-1 I have no plans!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! I took advantage and started putting the canopy together. I am either going to keep it the natural wood color or very lightly stain it to match my desk and then put a poly on it to protect it. At first I was going to make the trim work fancy but then I decided to change it an keep it plain and just keep the fancy inside the tank. To me it just looks like a casket right now. don't think I want doors on the front of it to limit my access. It is 25" wide so I cut the front 9" off and will hinge it so it will flip up. I still may put a small door or something to make feeding a little more easy. when I go and pick up the stand next week I will skin it to match. on the stand I am only going to make one large front removable panel so I can have complete access to everything. I try to make it as easy as possible. I figure the easier it is the more likely I will do it. I like to take my sump out exery six months or so and give it a good cleaning.
DA01D64C-6083-4727-9354-DA798D27C4CA_zps1jecnnqd.jpg

I sanded it with 80, 120, & then 220 grit and painted the inside with Kills 2
2189E3DC-F4D1-4073-80D5-806154D45BC6_zpsyeubrrvv.jpg

I got 2 coats on and will put the 3rd on in the morning before soccer.

I would of got further on it but I had to go help plow the parking lot at work. I live 5 blocks away from where I work so it isn't that bad. Plus I have a killer view.
45849CE2-F58E-4798-B6F4-96824A86BCE0_zps2fzhbxfk.jpg

This is the Tacony/Palmyra Bridge & one of the Riverton Yacht Club
B86897E4-0C82-409F-B2EA-E4B0E2089B71_zpsosjogkce.jpg

1A7D03F0-AAC0-4245-A10E-0A8683432751_zpsqkvexdfz.jpg

All from the front lawn of my building.