• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Juano's 75 Gallons "The Re-Build"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gave me pink birdsnest, rasta zooanthids, green nepthia, some random blue acro, red branching mili, and purple mili. They are all safe and doing well, lemme know when you get back on the upswing i'll start fragging.
Thanks bud, you are doing a great job with your tank.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear that, it's one of the reasons my kalk is hooked up to a doser though, instead of the top off. I really don't like leaving anything to chance, i dose about 600ml of fully saturated kalk and use 2 part for the difference, if you still want to dose some kalk this might be an option for you.

Sorry to hear that, it's one of the reasons my kalk is hooked up to a doser though, instead of the top off. I really don't like leaving anything to chance, i dose about 600ml of fully saturated kalk and use 2 part for the difference, if you still want to dose some kalk this might be an option for you.
Thanks man, I'd like to use some kalk to help increase my pH, the dosing pump saonds like a good way to do that.

Well SPS keeps STNing, I have no idea of what the problem is,....tank has been fishless for 1 month already due to Ich outbreaks....Alk is steady between 7.5 and 7.8 dkh (Hanna) Cal 480 (Red Sea), phos 0(Hanna), Nitrate 0 (API)....skimmer running for about 10 hours daily....no GFO or Carbon running.......I don't know what to do to stop my corals from dying.....

It's my tank water too clean for being fishless?.....should I put the fish back in the tank and deal with the Ich in a different way?

Any input will be appreciated.....

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
put something in to feed the coral possibly, could be water is too clean and they are starving with no fish in the tank, also, double check your refractometer was calibrated correctly. I've had that salinity issue in the past before.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
also, do yourself a favor, get a second test for alk, i have both hanna and salifert, and make sure my readings are close (they won't be the same), to verify one is reading correctly. Always good to have a backup.

I just calibrated my refractometer and also test alk with Red Sea, not a really big difference.
Thanks for the heads up.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
i would take a stab at possibly water too clean then, stop dosing any calcium until that comes down to 440 as well. I would double check that reading as i've seen red sea be off from other test kits, it's the reason i switched to salifert for calcium. don't really need to put back the fish if they need meds, just feed the tank, like you were ghost feeding a new tank, also maybe something like reef roids or some other coral food to put in the tank a couple times a week.

i would take a stab at possibly water too clean then, stop dosing any calcium until that comes down to 440 as well. I would double check that reading as i've seen red sea be off from other test kits, it's the reason i switched to salifert for calcium. don't really need to put back the fish if they need meds, just feed the tank, like you were ghost feeding a new tank, also maybe something like reef roids or some other coral food to put in the tank a couple times a week.
Will do, thanks again.

Anything you could be over looking?
Did you add any equipment or change anything at all
Lighting
Pump
Plumbing
Sump
Any metal touching water...hose clamp
Anything that has changed since the sps problem
I can see the po4 being to low but I would look at other things as well

Anything you could be over looking?
Did you add any equipment or change anything at all
Lighting
Pump
Plumbing
Sump
Any metal touching water...hose clamp
Anything that has changed since the sps problem
I can see the po4 being to low but I would look at other things as well
Not really, everything started when I switched from 2 part dosing to kalk.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
one of your parameters is off, also get some amino acids of sorts to help feed your corals. I would do some aggressive water changes. where did you get your kalk from?

one of your parameters is off, also get some amino acids of sorts to help feed your corals. I would do some aggressive water changes. where did you get your kalk from?
I ordered the ME Amino Polyps Extender couple days ago and did a 50% WC yesterday, I got the Kalk from BRS.
How do you dose the kalk? Ato or doser?
ATO but I stopped using Kalk like 3 weeks ago.

Tank is back on track, stopped the kalk and now back to 2 part dosing, finally found my lights sweet spot settings, cut back on the amount of water on water changes and started dosing NO3 and ME Amino Polyps Extender and so far that is bringing it.
uploadfromtaptalk1469296695676.jpg

I'm so happy cause I was about to pull the trigger and drain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.