• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LED lights... Is this worth it?

I MIGHT BE IN I BEEN THINKING ABOUT MAKING A SMALL ONE FIRST FOR ONE OF MY SMALLER TANKS AND SEE 4 MY SELF B4 I SPEND BIG$$$$ to make a bigger 1 sorry caps lock was on so yea in in to make a small one to start

It is neat, I am just afraid of getting too much of a spotlight effect. The price is right. Those xpg leds are supposed to be really high output. The only thing I don't like is that you couldn't turn on the blue separate from the white with that one.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mnat said:
The_Codfather said:
If anyone is interested in making LED builds with me.. PM me!.. If anything we could save on shipping or maybe bulk if we buy all in one go.. I kinda like the build switch linked http://www.reefaddicts.com/content.php/70-LED-pendent-build.. Seems a bit more compact for my needs but we could make what ever you need too.. as the saying goes.." Two brains are better then one"

Sid

Might be interested in this, how handy are you? Where are you located?
pretty handy and im in Tuckerton..You?

will call u. does anyone have any skill/experience in wiring and soldering i was not to sure how the guy wired the one one the link i posted.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
SWITCH420 said:
will call u. does anyone have any skill/experience in wiring and soldering i was not to sure how the guy wired the one one the link i posted.
Im good at soldering and stuff it's just the tech info im fuzzy on.. im pretty new to this hobby.. that's why i was thinking two or more brains are better then one

cool deal i feel you there are so many ways and choices for what to use what way 2 do it ect. im going to keep researching until we get ready 2 order.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
SWITCH420 said:
cool deal i feel you there are so many ways and choices for what to use what way 2 do it ect. im going to keep researching until we get ready 2 order.
Yeah so many configs and finding the one one needs.. Anyway still call me later so we can get a better idea on what we are looking for

but will be worth it. i just want to start making a small 1 for my 10 gal.long and learn from there then maybe do my 20 long then the 90 wait 2 see