• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

March Meeting: SATURDAY, the 24th in South Plainfield (MACNA RAFFLE!!)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't know...we'll see. It was a pretty big turnout in Feb. The turnout is definitely growing by leaps and bounds thats for sure.

Hello there,

I have been pondering what to bring.. any suggestions? I have no idea and don't want to show up empty handed.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Finger foods:
Cheese & Crackers
Fruit tray
Shrimp ring
Spinach & artichoke dip
et al...?

Easy Dishes:
Chili
wings
chicken fingers
Ham
Specialty you make?

Desserts

You don't need to make/bring enough for 70 people. Just bring a sampling. If everybody brought enough for 70 people we'd have like 460 people worth of stuff to eat our way through before we'll be allowed to leave!

any idea on how long this will last? I could possibly be there about 5 or so, but i'd only be able to stay for a short time (dinner break from work) Let me know if you think it will last this long

Red

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The official "meeting" plus raffles usually take us to 5:00. I'm SURE that we'll be there LONG after that! LOL!

I'm coming too, if even just to pay my membership dues, say hi to everyone, and pick up the tank Aaron is being kind enough to bring up this way for me. Will have my husband & 3 yr old with me (although he's a grump and can't promise he'll even get out of the car)

Candi

Hello. Is anyone invited to the meetings? I would love to attend. I'm one town over.
I would like to meet some local reefers.
Thanks,

Erik R.

Hey Brian. Just got off of the phone with you a couple of minutes ago.
As i mentioned, I live in Plainfield, have a 90 Gal. with a current USA Outer Orbit lighting fixture (2-150 HQI and 2-130 Dual Actinic power compacts), 20 Gal Sump with Refugium, & coralife skimmer. I Set the tank up in November, and purchased my rock from Dr. Mac at Pacific East Aquaculture in MD (cool place). My tank is doing great for someone who took a 11 year break. I look forward to meeting you.

Wow, so much for people with a small apartment to host meetings.

Meetings averaging 70+, nice! Gone are the days of the old meetings when there were like 15 people.

Going to have to host these things at NJPAC or Contential arena if this keeps up.

Nice to see the strong following.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
C'mon! 3 1 more and I hit my prediction of 80 :)

Meetings are definitely growing in attendance by leaps and bounds. It IS very exciting to watch the club flourish like this.

Hopefully we'll continue to rise to the challenge of finding members willing to share their homes ... in spite of the numbers!

Still one day to go, there has to be one person that is on the fence that will fall to this side.

Can't wait to see those numbers when the summer rolls around and the weather is nice to "play" outside.