• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Max's Red Sea Reefer 170. (A Grand Journey of Discovery, Aggravation, and General Buffoonery).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
05b4fe8646429182aa07106a661c0cfe.jpg

Preliminary rock scaping. Will tweak as I put it into the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Burning that midnight oil? Lol

I dig it, I like the cove look

I like the way the rocks are interlocking with each other. Good work.
I have a similar look and my diamond back has them loose already.
Are you going to epoxy them together?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It came out a little different in the tank. I typically never epoxy my rocks due to I like having the ability to move them if I need to.

It came out a little different in the tank. I typically never epoxy my rocks due to I like having the ability to move them if I need to.

Yeah I like to have the that freedom also of moving them around. Especially in the beginning you are always looking at it and see another way to aquascape. But in my my that little guys is doing all the moving for me .lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

830bbbece5bbc2d41fe1d9f539299c56.jpg

And we are now official! Everything is running getting ready to cycle. Gonna get a small piece of live rock and then in goes the piece of frozen salmon fillet.

I cycle my tanks with frozen salmon fillet....

I know.....

PS. The protein skimmer sits on a acrylic base which I am thinking of attaching some sort of rubber to because it's kind of slippery and annoys me. Any ideas?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
DANCO 6 in. x 6 in. Rubber Packing Sheets 59849 at The Home Depot - Mobile

You can get this stuff at Lowes, HD, or Autozone for $2-3 a sheet. Just ask for rubber gasket material. Ive used 2 sheets under a pump to good effect. You can find ones in the big box stores that are rated for drinking water if you're paranoid about any type of chemical leeching (I just used the regular stuff and have had no concerns in over a year).

Update:

Got some liverock to seed the tank
27313f2fd52acbc8ae9ba5ad110443f3.jpg

And a salmon filet to rot and create life

3d8828ea3fd0e65457c9d9d999a39814.jpg

......wife wasn't impressed with me putting her dinner in the tank even though I explained the concept of creation and evolution and how through this here dead salmon a whole world will be born, and how it is a majestic and beautiful thing and cosmic cycle and.......

.......should have used my portion not hers

....... Have to cook next meal as punishment

.......need quick recipe ideas

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looking good! I would suggest grillings something with the nice weather. Maybe a nice London broil with some veggies and baked potatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.